Fixed Coinflips or Jackpot

Who has read this thread (Total: 0) View details

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Kazlic

SERVER VIP
Credits
Over the past couple of days I was thinking about what could make this server unique?
I thought well since it already has credits and a shop their should be away to gamble with others. I suggest doing this by adding a jackpot or coinflip to the server.

Coinflip: If you want to go in a coinflip with someone or create a coinflip you simply type !coinflip create 100 or however much you want and someone can do !coinflip list and it will show all the listings and from their they can type !coinflip join kazlic or the name of the player! A Hud will pop up or something in chat will coint down and show who wins and they get the credits.

Jackpot: Jackpot could be very unique. To join the jackpot you type !jackpot join 100 or amount of coins. It fills up after 10 people join and you can place up to 1000 credits or a minumum of 100. The more you put in the higher percent chance you can win.

I'm not saying this is a mandatory add simply a idea. I'm not a coder so I don't exactly know how hard this is to program but It sound's like a cool unique idea! If you have any ideas on what to add on to this please comment! Hope to see you guys around!

-Kazlic

Credits
I think this would be a cool idea, but it might take a long time to code, because I don't think there is a plugin for this idea. But again this is a great idea, and a better alternative to kids on the server yelling that people didn't give them credits after wagers.

Another problem that could arise is the compatibility for the credits and store plugin.

Comment

kennyl

not a bug; a feature
OWNER!
Credits
Integrating it with the !store plugin wouldn't be the problem, if the plugin was custom coded (GL finding one already made) then the coder would be able to basically just use the same database. So all current credits would still be valid. The problem is finding someone that would develop it, personally I don't want to develop a jackpot or coinflip.

I can hear the kids on the server complain that the plugin is rigged. Which comes back to provably fare still not being a good answer for round validity.

I guess I personally see a plugin like that creating more problems than good. However I could see something with !challenge and betting that if the other person wins it automatically removes the credits from the looser and adds them to the winner to remove the whole !gift {user} {amount}. This would solve the problem of people complaining about not getting the credits they won from a gentlemen's wager.

Comment
Credits
Integrating it with the !store plugin wouldn't be the problem, if the plugin was custom coded (GL finding one already made) then the coder would be able to basically just use the same database. So all current credits would still be valid. The problem is finding someone that would develop it, personally I don't want to develop a jackpot or coinflip.

I can hear the kids on the server complain that the plugin is rigged. Which comes back to provably fare still not being a good answer for round validity.

I guess I personally see a plugin like that creating more problems than good. However I could see something with !challenge and betting that if the other person wins it automatically removes the credits from the looser and adds them to the winner to remove the whole !gift {user} {amount}. This would solve the problem of people complaining about not getting the credits they won from a gentlemen's wager.

Fully agreed with you. It will probably make problems like you said, and also we had the same problem for trying to find an Autoplant for retakes. We found a server that had it but it was created by the server. Since there cant be admins on 24hours and see proof then the !challenge really should automatically send the credits so there isnt problems caused like you said

Comment

ToxicFrank

I'm the bug; Not the feature
OWNER!
Credits
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=264848

This is one of the !store plugins I've enjoy on other servers and the best part is that it is made and that none of us have to develop it. Sourcemods is a C++ based language but it is not as simple as it sounds to make plugins. It takes a lot of practice to get the experience required to quickly create plugins. There is a decent amount of developers in this community but none of us that I know of do too much with sourcemods, we all stick to various other languages.

Comment

Untitled

OWNER!
Credits
I know a few coders, I could ask them what it would cost to get the !chal and betting working, that seems like it would be the better option.

I'm guessing it'll be a lot. If there's anything let over from the ads I'll be saving it for something like this.

Comment
Credits
It's a cool idea I've been on past 1v1 Servers that have a coinflip system and a !store.. Pretty cool but confusing to put in and code well for me anyways..

Comment

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom