Server Changes - Final Change.

Who has read this thread (Total: 0) View details

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Untitled

OWNER!
Credits
Ok guys, we have some big changes coming within the next month.

• I'm going to get us our own gaming server. This will be hosted in NY or Chicago. We will be able to host any other game that we'd like, with this option.
  • UK servers will be going down to 1 DM/FFA & 1 Retakes.
  • Some IPs will change in the process. Everything will be posted. :)
  • I'd like to have some sort of super admin or manager per server. This individual will have access to the server gaming panel for other tasks.
... More to come, I'll keep you guys posted.

Credits
Sounds interesting, why not try a new Sv mod instead of a UK retakes, like surf or bhop, depending on what people in the forums vote maybe

Comment

Untitled

OWNER!
Credits
Ok guys...

We have our own dedicated server now in NY. We no longer have to share with other servers, just our own!

All NYC servers will be switched over very soon (both DM and retakes). We will lose the Chicago DM server; itll be switched to our NY box. This server has been having major issues lately, so this should be fixed once I switch it over.

For the Europe servers - We will be going down to 1 DM and 1 Retakes.

For the states - I plan on opening more up. I want atleast 4-5 DM servers (they do the best for us, that'll help out a lot), along with our 3 Retakes servers. This is just the start guys. I'd love to open up a 2nd dedicated machine for another 8 US servers!

This change will take me weeks and weeks to complete, please don't expect it to be done in a day.

-------------------------
On another note... As I slowly switch things over, I'm going to be doing some updates as well. Mainly, I'll be updating the RankMe throughout every server!

RankMe will be erased on EVERY server! I'm switching it over to another RankMe which seems to be way better. I'm going to tie in all of the DM servers and all of the retakes servers.

The DM/FFA's will use the SAME database - so now it doesnt matter what DM/FFA server you're playing in, itll be the same rank for all!

Same will go for the Retakes server as well! Retakes and DM will be seperate of course.

------------------------
I also want to keep a server aside for testing! This server would be used for upcoming server mods that we wish to use for our live servers!

Anyways, let me know what you think!

Comment
Credits
Sounds good, really starting to get bigger but 1 concern, are the UK retakes gonna be 1 Or 2 Servers?

Comment

Untitled

OWNER!
Credits
A few Rankme changes...

- Inactive users will be purged after 100 days.
- Must have 25 kills to be ranked.
- FFA servers now support FFA ranking.
- Users can reset their rank whenever they want.
- Top 10 ranked players will be announced when entering the server.

Last edited:
Comment

Untitled

OWNER!
Credits
Sounds good, really starting to get bigger but 1 concern, are the UK retakes gonna be 1 Or 2 Servers?

For now, it'll be 1 DM/FFA and 1 Retakes. I'd like to open up more Europe servers. They'll come, just give it time. Once I'm done with the US servers, I'll work more on the Europe side.

The other Retakes are due to close within the next 2 weeks.

Comment
Credits
For now, it'll be 1 DM/FFA and 1 Retakes. I'd like to open up more Europe servers. They'll come, just give it time. Once I'm done with the US servers, I'll work more on the Europe side.

The other Retakes are due to close within the next 2 weeks.

Oh alright, gotta do what you gotta do. Lets hope for the best..

Comment

Untitled

OWNER!
Credits
For those interested, I'm testing the new rankme out on the #1 dm ffa server, 192. Once it's running good, and nothing else has to be changed, ill push it out to all servers.

Comment

Untitled

OWNER!
Credits
The new rankme seems pretty sweet. I really like it. It does come with a web interface as well, although I'm going to try franks out before hand. I wont get to that part until the servers are done though.

Comment

Untitled

OWNER!
Credits
There's an issue with it.. some stupid message keeps popping up displaying players ranks. I have all announcements disabled, yet the message still displays.

I'll look into it later though. Once the message is gone, it'll be good to go for other servers.

Comment
Credits
just a question why are there now 20 slots on some of the retake servers? btw hi again its been a while

Comment

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom