1. ..................

[DMF]renzy is a CSGO community for fans of FFA/DM/WS/Knife!

Everybody is welcome here.

* Create Your Account *

Or...

Wrongfully Perma-banned

Discussion in 'Appeal Your Ban' started by SUPRA, Aug 9, 2017.

View Users: View Users
  1. SUPRA
    Amazed

SUPRA

Jul 19, 2017
    Male
    New York
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey guys,

A few days ago I saw that you implemented the coin changing feature. Specifically, I was on your NY retake servers. I had changed my in game pin through this feature from a dreamhack major pin to a katowice pin. Once I made this change, I was immediately disconnected and a permanent ban message appeared. I followed the steps to the ban page and it said I was banned for use of multi-hacks. I was ranked 11th out of 35k a couple weeks ago on this exact server. I doubt that this ban was a misunderstanding of skill. I had just been one tapped and I changed my pin! I am sure this ban was because someone thought I was changing my pin through hacks. I also applied to become an admin because I really love your servers and the fluid gameplay on them. If i had been hacking or plan to hack I would not have put in the time to apply for an admin. (My application was also admitted for submission) I have never run into a problem on these servers. I appreciate your time, thank you! -Supra

2. SUPRA
    Amazed

SUPRA

Jul 19, 2017
    Male
    New York
    Ratings:
    +0
    steam ID: officialsupra

3. UntitledSoldier
    Murderous

UntitledSoldier Staff Member [DMF FOUNDER!]

Aug 7, 2016
    Male
    Ontario, Canada
    Ratings:
    +167
  4. SUPRA
    Amazed

SUPRA

Jul 19, 2017
    Male
    New York
    Ratings:
    +0
    I understand, I'm not going to argue your decision like little kids do lol. I know it's hard to tell if someones hacking, especially when they've been banned by console. I'll miss your servers untitled. Thank you for your time. -supra

5. Snafu
    Alone

Snafu Staff Member [SERVER ADMIN]

Mar 25, 2017
    U S of A
    Ratings:
    +13
    I can personally say that I've seen supra on the servers and he showed no sign of cheating.

In this particular case however, I have no idea

6. SUPRA
    Amazed

SUPRA

Jul 19, 2017
    Male
    New York
    Ratings:
    +0
    Although you trigger me sometimes when you one tap the f out of me xD, thanks for pulling through snafu. Love ya kid

7. UntitledSoldier
    Murderous

Aug 7, 2016
    Male
    Ontario, Canada
    Ratings:
    +167
    Admin Post
    I'm going to see what Frank and Kenny think.. they'll know more about sourcebans then myself.. it could be a false ban?...

8. SUPRA
    Amazed

SUPRA

Jul 19, 2017
    Male
    New York
    Ratings:
    +0
    thank
    thank you for reconsidering it untitled, means a lot man <3

9. SUPRA
    Amazed

SUPRA

Jul 19, 2017
    Male
    New York
    Ratings:
    +0
    and to be honest, if i was hacking i would just accept it and would not waste so much time for the both of us. Thanks guys!

10. kennyL
    caffeine

kennyL Staff Member [DMF MANGER!]

Nov 1, 2016
    Male
    Virginia, United States of America
    Ratings:
    +41
    Hey, do you remember the exact server you received the ban on?

11. SUPRA
    Amazed

SUPRA

Jul 19, 2017
    Male
    New York
    Ratings:
    +0
    I know it was one of the New York retake servers. I believe it was New York 3.

12. ToxicFrank
    Snaphappy

ToxicFrank Staff Member [DMF MANGER!]

Oct 29, 2016
    Male
    Systems administrator and Web Developer
    Nebraska
    Ratings:
    +94
    Admin Post
    Let me look into sourcemod and SMAC and see if I can find predefined triggers for multihack detection.

13. ToxicFrank
    Snaphappy

Oct 29, 2016
    Male
    Nebraska
    Ratings:
    +94
    Admin Post
    By the looks of it SMAC does not auto ban for multihack, it would have had to been some admin running sm_rcon ban which I am not sure besides You, ted and myself who can do that. SMAC bans on a first infraction basis, if you aimbot it will ban, if it detects wall it will ban but it bans you instantly for the first detected cheat, even if you have walls and aimbot it isn't going to auto ban for multihack by the looks of it. It will just ban for the first detected one.

14. UntitledSoldier
    Murderous

Aug 7, 2016
    Male
    Ontario, Canada
    Ratings:
    +167
    Admin Post
    How does someone ban a person for multi-hacks anyways?? I have no idea how to ban someone and have it show as multi-hacks lol.

I didn't know we could ban like this.. lol.

15. SUPRA
    Amazed

SUPRA

Jul 19, 2017
    Male
    New York
    Ratings:
    +0
    so what your saying is if I was hacking it would have said either walls or aim? Is there hope for an unban?!

16. ToxicFrank
    Snaphappy

Oct 29, 2016
    Male
    Nebraska
    Ratings:
    +94
    Admin Post
    I've been looking through the SMAC source code and can't find anything that shows that SMAC will automatically trigger a multi hack ban. https://bitbucket.org/anticheat/smac/issues/4/questions-with-smac here is a question someone asked, that is where you can set values for what types of auto banning you want SMAC to perform, as you see there is no detection for "Multi-hack".

Going further, @UntitledSoldier there is a banning option for "Multi-hack" in source mod when you select ban reason, there is also a Multi-hack option for !calladmin. It does not appear that SMAC will utilize that option though as it really only bans for aimbot, wall hacking, off eye angles, name spam changing, esea bans, rcon abuse and a couple others.

17. SUPRA
    Amazed

SUPRA

Jul 19, 2017
    Male
    New York
    Ratings:
    +0
    The only thing I can think of would be the name, I changed it 3 times that day. I was banned not long after the name change either, probably 30 seconds at the most.

18. ToxicFrank
    Snaphappy

Oct 29, 2016
    Male
    Nebraska
    Ratings:
    +94
    Admin Post
    That wouldn't trigger SMAC, name change hacks are what trigger it and that detects dozens and dozens of name changes within a short interval of time, you could legitly be changing your name every 5 seconds for 2 hours and not get banned, cheats allow you to change it multiple times a second which otherwise is not possible.

19. Jazz
    Nomood

Jazz Staff Member [SERVER ADMIN]

Jul 27, 2017
    Male
    Filmography + Web/Graphic Design
    Michigan, USA
    Ratings:
    +14
    Are false positives possible with SMAC?

20. ToxicFrank
    Snaphappy

Oct 29, 2016
    Male
    Nebraska
    Ratings:
    +94
    Admin Post
    Well theoretically no anti cheat is perfect unless they do things a very rudimentary sort of way, if you dig into the code the way the aimbot detection works is by calculation perfection of aim, if cursor movement is extremely fast and extremely precise too often it will trigger a ban, aimbots are machines, they are perfect. So if you had a person "perfect" enough yes they could trigger it though it is pretty much impossible. However, when anti cheats look at system files and processes there is always a chance for false positives. VAC isn't perfect and people get banned for having programs unvaccinated with CS:GO running in the background. SMAC could have those but the big thing is the more I talk with Kenny about this the more we both agree we don't think SMAC can trigger "Multi-hack" bans. That's the thing confusing us, what banned him for multi-hack?

• Informative Informative x 1