• DMFRENZY is a CSGO community for fans of DM FFA, Retakes, & 1v1!

Everybody is welcome here.

* Create Your Account *

Or...

10-man Ban appeal

Loyal

I'm Better Then Everyone Cause I Cheat... idiot
[SERVER ADMIN]
Credits
I got banned from the DMFrenzy 10-mans for 4 weeks for abandoning.

I'm aware I abandoned but it didn't clearly state in the rules how many rounds I'd have to be disconnected to receive the ban.
Although my intent was to return the last round and dodge the ban, I did it off an instinct due to me being aggravated due to the team, and I didn't want to be toxic and receive an even longer ban.
Furthermore, no one took that game seriously and half of my team was throwing.

I agree I should be banned and I understand the rules of abandoning twice, but I believe the length of this ban is unjustified due to the circumstances of me abandoning.

Loyal

[SERVER ADMIN]
Credits
I wanted to provide a list of evidence on my case against my teammates.

They were ghosting/throwing and the following clips will provide it:
They were changing their names to reveal the location they were pushing the following round.

There's also a clip were you guys acknowledged him doing so:

^ Furthermore in this clip you can tell he's clearly throwing by running out and jumping rather than attempting to kill the opponents.

Finally, here's a clip of me rejoining, and if you look at the minimap you can also tell he is not AFK, and he is in fact throwing:

kennyL

not a bug; a feature
[DMF MANAGER!]
Credits
So my two cents so far while we are reviewing it. Regardless of what your team is doing, we expect players to play out the entire match. You left and rejoined on the last round to try and avoid a ban which doesn't seem right either. I get it the environment wasn't great but at the same time, you still abandoned the match until the last round.

Like I said we are discussing this but I still personally think you should receive a ban for abandoning as far as anything else we shall see what happens.

Loyal

[SERVER ADMIN]
Credits
So my two cents so far while we are reviewing it. Regardless of what your team is doing, we expect players to play out the entire match. You left and rejoined on the last round to try and avoid a ban which doesn't seem right either. I get it the environment wasn't great but at the same time, you still abandoned the match until the last round.

Like I said we are discussing this but I still personally think you should receive a ban for abandoning as far as anything else we shall see what happens.

Receiving the ban isn't the issue, I just feel that the 4 weeks should be cut down due to the circumstances. But regardless, thanks for taking the time to look at it.

Not Parcs

Parcs
[SERVER ADMIN]
Credits
I think the ban should be knocked down by at least a week, and if there were players that were actually throwing, they should meet their penalties accordingly.
I've played matches that I didn't necessarily want to finish due to team mates, however, in MM, Leaving does actually grant you a time frame before you're flagged for abandoning the match, so if it's used correctly, then I think it shouldn't be looked at as a penalty, but if overused, maybe then we should 4 week it.
though, I may not know much about how you guys structure your bans, it's probably worthwhile having an opinion and showing initiative towards leaning them, this way, it seems as if i'm interested in the positions I've applied for as well.
Anyways, good luck with this scenario, hope it's not too long man.

kennyL

not a bug; a feature
[DMF MANAGER!]
Credits
I think the ban should be knocked down by at least a week, and if there were players that were actually throwing, they should meet their penalties accordingly.
I've played matches that I didn't necessarily want to finish due to team mates, however, in MM, Leaving does actually grant you a time frame before you're flagged for abandoning the match, so if it's used correctly, then I think it shouldn't be looked at as a penalty, but if overused, maybe then we should 4 week it.
though, I may not know much about how you guys structure your bans, it's probably worthwhile having an opinion and showing initiative towards leaning them, this way, it seems as if i'm interested in the positions I've applied for as well.
Anyways, good luck with this scenario, hope it's not too long man.
This is how the ban rules are currently structured, this was his second time abandoning a match so the next punishment is a double of the first which was 2 weeks. We are in the process of reworking the rules but based on the current rules that are implemented this was the "appropriate" ban length. We are still reviewing this and deciding what we want to do if anything.

Not Parcs

Parcs
[SERVER ADMIN]
Credits
This is how the ban rules are currently structured, this was his second time abandoning a match so the next punishment is a double of the first which was 2 weeks. We are in the process of reworking the rules but based on the current rules that are implemented this was the "appropriate" ban length. We are still reviewing this and deciding what we want to do if anything.
Glad i'm up to date with things!