10-mans, what do you want?

Who has read this thread (Total: 0) View details

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Competitive 10-mans?

• Total voters

kennyl

not a bug; a feature
OWNER!
Credits
So, it was brought up yesterday in Discord as well in private to me about a month ago that certain people would like a more competitive environment for 10-mans. When we started 10-mans it was a way for the community to interact in a different setting and to get to know each other. We have played on servers from Faceit Hubs and PopFlash for a while. @ToxicFrank is working to set up a private server for us to have the community 10-mans on so we have better servers than PopFlash since some people (including myself) can't play on FaceIt.

It was presented to turn the hub into a competitive 10-man environment for people who want to improve etc. I would like to know if the community wants a more competitive 10-man environment or if you want to just have 10-mans for fun.

Credits
Personally, I wouldn’t mind a competitive aspect of the 10-mans. But then again the point is they want to do it on the faceit hubs which would exclude several different players.

But then again, these are community events and from a community aspect, discluding players wouldn’t be fair just because other players want to do it more competitively. Don’t get me wrong, these aren’t random players either, they’re also frequent 10-man participators.
Furthermore, if the community does want a more competitive aspect, there would be no point in spending the money to run the server, when if we’re going to play for fun we can just play on popflash imo.

Last edited:
Comment

Orochimaru

Won't hit meh dream
SERVER VIP
Credits
Hmm, maybe have set times on our dedicated 5 man server, to have comps. Say Saterdays or something.

Comment
Credits
Personally I wouldn’t mind a competitive aspect of the 10-mans. But then again the point is they want to do it on the faceit hubs which would exclude several different players.

But then again, these are community events and from a community aspect, discluding players wouldn’t be fair just because other players want to do it more competitively. Don’t get me wrong, these aren’t random players either, they’re also frequent 10-man participators.

Furthermore, if the community does want a more competitive aspect, there would be no point in spending the money to run the server, when if we’re going to play for fun we can just play on popflash imo.

I totally agree with Loyal and like he said if we’re going to just play for fun we might as well just play on a popflash or the faceit hub. I think having a DMF 10 man server will be a great addition to the DMF server network. I also really like the idea of having an environment where players can improve. I think the 10 man server can impact players in a really good way. Personally, I think I think I need a server like this so I can improve on my skills.

In conclusion, I think we should have a competitive 10 man server.

Comment

kennyl

not a bug; a feature
OWNER!
Credits
I totally agree with Loyal and like he said if we’re going to just play for fun we might as well just play on a popflash or the faceit hub. I think having a DMF 10 man server will be a great addition to the DMF server network. I also really like the idea of having an environment where players can improve. I think the 10 man server can impact players in a really good way. Personally, I think I think I need a server like this so I can improve on my skills.

In conclusion, I think we should have a competitive 10 man server.

So we already have a 10 man server, I wasn't really referring to the server itself but more toward the environment players want. A more laid back chill community event type environment or a competitive environment where the games always have to be taken seriously and we have an in-depth set of rules etc.

Comment

ToxicFrank

I'm the bug; Not the feature
OWNER!
Credits
Martin were you implying faceit hub and pop flash would be the laid back chill servers and the new dedicated would be the comp? If so that's actually backwards, the new server was meant to replace pop flash, the faceithub would be the competitive server since they have "anti cheats".

If people want a more competitive area that's fine. Will I play it? No, not really. I can't stop them though, however if dmf puts its name on it then it's our admins, our rules etc which I'm not sure it what everyone would want.

Comment
Credits
So we already have a 10 man server, I wasn't really referring to the server itself but more toward the environment players want. A more laid back chill community event type environment or a competitive environment where the games always have to be taken seriously and we have an in-depth set of rules etc.

To be honest, I feel like the average ranking of the community itself should answer this. (Silver 1 - Gold Nova Master)

To some of the players who are more better, for example, the better/ higher ranking players we have here at DMF, would most likely start becoming more toxic towards the lower ranking players if they aren't stepping up/ doing well, especially if we start to make it a competitive thing, with an in-depth set of rules.

That's the main reason why I've sided against a competitive aspect.

Comment

ToxicFrank

OWNER!
Credits
That's exactly why I sided against it too. If we want a more competitive server that's fine but when a like a silver elite joins, tries their best and isn't getting frags or understanding calls? If they want to use the competitive server to try and better themselves we shouldn't be able to tell them no.

I think when that happens people will be toxic and it could drive away lesser skilled players from interacting with the community when we want it to be inclusive.

Comment
Credits
Yea I agree 100% with Andy // ToxicFrank.

I'd rather have lower skill players playing and the ability to assist them and make them better rather than taking a 10-man seriously and if I don't, I get banned.

Comment

ToxicFrank

OWNER!
Credits
Like I said, if people want it, cool go for it. I just dont really enjoy trying super hard in this game anymore. I dont want to deal with drama of competitive play.

Comment
Credits

Yeah I think we should have a competitive environment with rules in place. I also think we need an environment where players should take 10 mans seriously.

Martin were you implying faceit hub and pop flash would be the laid back chill servers and the new dedicated would be the comp? If so that's actually backwards, the new server was meant to replace pop flash, the faceithub would be the competitive server since they have "anti cheats".

If people want a more competitive area that's fine. Will I play it? No, not really. I can't stop them though, however if dmf puts its name on it then it's our admins, our rules etc which I'm not sure it what everyone would want.

And yeah I understand the situation @kennyL is asking for. I also understand that the faceit hub is for more serious 10 mans.

To be honest, I feel like the average ranking of the community itself should answer this. (Silver 1 - Gold Nova Master)

To some of the players who are more better, for example, the better/ higher ranking players we have here at DMF, would most likely start becoming more toxic towards the lower ranking players if they aren't stepping up/ doing well, especially if we start to make it a competitive thing, with an in-depth set of rules.

That's the main reason why I've sided against a competitive aspect.

Loyal made great valid points and that’s why I think we should also have rules in place because players are going to be toxic toward lower ranked players.

Comment
Credits
The rules aren't going to do shit if the players don't report the toxic players lol.

Another thing i think we should go back to is at least having one admin on each team if possible, who is recording.

Comment
Credits
Remove the trolls who play (looking at you Loyal). I like the more casual feel of 10 mans vs Faceit Scrims/MM Matches, but the guys who play just to fuck over there teammates makes me wanna stop from time to time.

Comment

ToxicFrank

OWNER!
Credits
Remove the trolls who play (looking at you Loyal). I like the more casual feel of 10 mans vs Faceit Scrims/MM Matches, but the guys who play just to frig over there teammates makes me wanna stop from time to time.

Thanks for the info romic. @Loyal you bad person you, and to think you applied for admin. Tisk Tisk

Comment
Credits
Thanks for the info romic. @Loyal you bad person you, and to think you applied for admin. Tisk Tisk
Remove the trolls who play (looking at you Loyal). I like the more casual feel of 10 mans vs Faceit Scrims/MM Matches, but the guys who play just to frig over there teammates makes me wanna stop from time to time.

My sincerest apologies buds :/ No more troll loyal

Comment

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom