1v1 Improvements

Who has read this thread (Total: 0) View details

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Credits
Many people on the 1v1 server lately have been voicing complaints about the gameplay sometimes becoming stale. I think it's time to bring about some new features to 1v1. Adding dodgeball a while back was pretty good, but where are the scout rounds? P90 rounds? Zeus rounds? Adding a few more modes would be great to improve the overall gameplay.

The second thing is maps. We need more maps, the ones we have now have been getting old. I'm not going to flatter myself by saying I understand much of how servers work, but if memory is an issue we could delete several of the maps and replace them with better ones. I personally like pyramid, but every time I play it there's always people wailing about how much they hate it. There's several maps such as the winter map and dust cat which are bad from an objective gameplay standpoint. If we wanted to, we could rotate some maps out every now and then based upon what players seem to like or dislike, while keeping other good maps such as regular dust, warehouse, and basement.

These are my thoughts on the matter, I think keeping the maps and modes fresh is super important. What do you guys think?

Credits
I really wish we had scout rounds again, i miss scout rounds

Comment

ToxicFrank

I'm the bug; Not the feature
OWNER!
Credits
I agree, scout rounds, shotguns, bizon rounds ect would be great. Those are always the most fun. I also agree, more maps would be awesome. I feel like I play the same 5 or 6 maps every time.

Comment
Credits
I agree, scout rounds, shotguns, bizon rounds ect would be great. Those are always the most fun. I also agree, more maps would be awesome. I feel like I play the same 5 or 6 maps every time.

are you able to add back scout rounds or add new maps to the play list.

Comment

Untitled

OWNER!
Credits
Many people on the 1v1 server lately have been voicing complaints about the gameplay sometimes becoming stale. I think it's time to bring about some new features to 1v1. Adding dodgeball a while back was pretty good, but where are the scout rounds? P90 rounds? Zeus rounds? Adding a few more modes would be great to improve the overall gameplay.

The second thing is maps. We need more maps, the ones we have now have been getting old. I'm not going to flatter myself by saying I understand much of how servers work, but if memory is an issue we could delete several of the maps and replace them with better ones. I personally like pyramid, but every time I play it there's always people wailing about how much they hate it. There's several maps such as the winter map and dust cat which are bad from an objective gameplay standpoint. If we wanted to, we could rotate some maps out every now and then based upon what players seem to like or dislike, while keeping other good maps such as regular dust, warehouse, and basement.

These are my thoughts on the matter, I think keeping the maps and modes fresh is super important. What do you guys think?

1. Gameplay:

Agreed. I'll add the different modes. I'll need to google this as I'm having a brain fart. It happens LOL.

2. Maps:

Here's the issue that I don't think anyone realizes... When someone creates a 1v1 map, they have to put in a max amount of arenas for that map. If the maps doesn't have enough arenas, then people will have to sit out and wait for a active player to leave - which is absolutely dumb. If anyone ever notices the fact that you can't join the game until someone leaves (it keeps you in spec), that means the map doesn't have enough arenas on it to support the slot count for the server. When this happens, please let me know so I can remove the map from the mapcycle file.

How can we find maps that support 40 slots? Good question! I haven't found that yet lol, but, what I do is...search in steam for other 1v1 servers, then look at the 32+ slotted servers and see what map it's running, then just write down the map name, done.

Hopefully that all made sense.

Comment

ToxicFrank

I'm the bug; Not the feature
OWNER!
Credits
We were lucky and had a friend who made maps so he made maps with enough arenas. Sadly he doesn't map anymore. Yeah, unfortunately, it is hard to find large arena you have to find 24+ arena maps usually. That allows 48 people minimum. I remember adding custom rounds to a 1v1 server before. I think @kennyL or myself can help you add custom rounds if you want.

Comment

kennyl

not a bug; a feature
OWNER!
Credits
Uhhhh I would have to google it too. LOL it has been a while since we had a 1v1 server up and running...

Let me know if you do need help and we can figure it out xd

Comment
Credits
I'll definitely get right on finding more maps when I'm on this weekend. I'm certain there's a lot of good ones out there with enough slots that we could use, thanks for the input guys!

Comment

Orochimaru

Won't hit meh dream
SERVER VIP
Credits
1. Gameplay:

Agreed. I'll add the different modes. I'll need to google this as I'm having a brain fart. It happens LOL.

2. Maps:

Here's the issue that I don't think anyone realizes... When someone creates a 1v1 map, they have to put in a max amount of arenas for that map. If the maps doesn't have enough arenas, then people will have to sit out and wait for a active player to leave - which is absolutely dumb. If anyone ever notices the fact that you can't join the game until someone leaves (it keeps you in spec), that means the map doesn't have enough arenas on it to support the slot count for the server. When this happens, please let me know so I can remove the map from the mapcycle file.

How can we find maps that support 40 slots? Good question! I haven't found that yet lol, but, what I do is...search in steam for other 1v1 servers, then look at the 32+ slotted servers and see what map it's running, then just write down the map name, done.

Hopefully that all made sense.
I'm a map maker, so I could could make you guys a nice custom 1v1 map, just tell me what you guys want and I'll make it happen :)

Comment

Untitled

OWNER!
Credits
I'm a map maker, so I could could make you guys a nice custom 1v1 map, just tell me what you guys want and I'll make it happen :)

Anything fun really.. I'd gladly pay someone to make us a DMFrenzy map lol.

Comment

Untitled

OWNER!
Credits
Guys.. I added new rounds to the 40 slot 1v1 server, please test them out and make sure the rounds are working correctly. Then I'll push it to the 32 slot server.

If so, what other rounds would you guys like to see???

Pretty sure I can control the HP and if you have a knife with the weapon too.

Comment
Credits
I can't get on my desktop during the week, I'll check it out this weekend. Thanks for doing it so quickly!

Edit: Usually.

Comment

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom