Broken blue switches inside my keyboard.

Who has read this thread (Total: 0) View details

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Credits
So... My keyboard that I have had now for about 4 years has failed me tonight.. The A key and the Space bar has quit and for some reason it has the entire bottom half of the keyboard pressed at one time.. After taking it apart and thoroughly cleaning everything with alcohol the constant sloshing of food drinks and whatever else has caused this keyboard to finally fail.. To me it appears we could purchase new key switches for this keyboard but at the price of this and soldering them together I am thinking it would be better off just to purchase a new one even though it could be technically done at about $1.20 a switch..
My keyboard was: KM-G3 Mechanical Keyboard

Here is the keyboard I am thinking about purchasing any thoughts on this?
Logitech G910 Orion Spark RGB Mechanical Keyboard

Supposedly this keyboard has faster actuation compared to my cherry blue switches.. Also the keypress latency is about 5ms supposedly.. Again i do not own this product yet but interested in it..

Here is more information on the Romer G Mechanical Switches

What's your thoughts does this keyboard look like a good replacement? I do use this system for more the csgo so some of the other features of this keyboard might be useful in my video editing and stuff that i do off to the side.. Thoughts opinions no wrong answer here.

Credits
Thanks @UntitledSoldier idk though still debating on just fixing this keyboard rather than buying new.. But I am afraid that in the end I will just be chasing a bad switch somewhere lol.. I hope all is well thanks for the reply.

Comment

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom