Fixed Disabling the store?

Who has read this thread (Total: 0) View details

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Untitled

OWNER!
Credits
Hey guys,

There's a plugin on the 1v1 server that's using more CPU then it should.

How disappointed would you guys be if I disabled it for 3 days to see how the server acts?

-----------------------------------------

My goal would be to just have a few options in the store. There's so many files that a new user has to download before they can even enter the server, it's kind of ridiculous. I need to run the test first.

Nobody should lose any credits/items.

Credits
Maybe remove some of the most unused items from the store to decrease the download. But i wouldn't mind the store being disabled for 3 days

Comment

Untitled

OWNER!
Credits
What about this guys.. I know you guys love the gloves and a few of the other things. I might run a test and remove the store, but ill add a few of the plugins on their own. I like how we can change the chat colors!

Comment

Untitled

OWNER!
Credits
Addons such as, !gloves, !pets, chat colors, player trails - can all be added manually. I might set some to vip/admins only. Keep it a little bit more unique.

Comment

Untitled

OWNER!
Credits
One last effort. Lets see how it goes today/the weekend. The server reboots have gone down a lot, but still arent at 0 where id like it to be.

Comment
Credits
To me it seems like a lot of players play on the 1v1 server and their objective is to get more credits because they want something from the store. If there are no credits to work toward they might just leave. The store plugin is therefore a good plugin to keep people coming back and or staying on the server but it is at the cost of more cpu usage.

Comment

ToxicFrank

I'm the bug; Not the feature
OWNER!
Credits
Personally I play for points not credits. Some people probably do play for credits but I do doubt that too many people will quit solely because credits aren't there/don't have a value. That seems like a pity reason imo.

Comment

Untitled

OWNER!
Credits
I've removed a lot of the store items. I'm hoping this will cut down on the cpu usage and the fact that it takes 2+ minutes to download a sh!t load of files. Which, has used 220gb worth of bandwidth this month. LOL.

Just need to reboot the server for the config to reload. Or, wait for it to use too much CPU and then it'll reboot itself hahaha. I crack myself up.

If this doesn't work, then I'll have no choice but to remove the store completely.

I'd rather put the slots back up to 30 and run no store and have it be smooth... VS, a store / 20 slots and reboots.

Quality before quantity.

Last edited:
Comment

Untitled

OWNER!
Credits
Ok, the new store menu is up and live now.

I've removed a lot of the items. I've upped the prices on items to make it a little bit more exclusive & If we need to do this to help the server run better then fine with it. :)

If this doesn't work, the store will be disabled for 3 days to see how the server preforms.

Comment

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom