Fat bikes? 🚲

ToxicFrank

[DMF MANAGER!]
Credits
I tried one of the old Fat bikes that teenagers used to have in the early to mid 2000's. It was like chopper styled but I can't remember the name to find a picture. Pretty sure it is by mongoose. I don't remember much about them so I am no help. The bike I have now has larger than normal tires and works pretty well. The bike I have now is this one: https://www.giant-bicycles.com/us/talon-27dot5-3-2016

UntitledSoldier

[DMF FOUNDER!]
Credits
Dude, that bike looks sick.. that’s what I want, but can’t afford lol.

I’m looking at this one, but it’s no where near as nice as yours lol

(frame is made by Giant)

Just mainly for getting back into biking/exercise... It won’t be used on trails or anything that like, I’m wayyyy to fvcking fat for that!

ToxicFrank

[DMF MANAGER!]
Credits
I found mine used on facebook marketplace. It came from my Universities Outdoor Adventure center, every so often they sell inventory. I got it for $275. It works well but I have to hall the trailer with my son in it. Hills suck going up with him being pulled behind me. I am planning on riding to work tomorrow. It is 5 miles to work and there are 3 big bike trails between my house and work so it should be a pretty good 25-30 minute ride.

UntitledSoldier

[DMF FOUNDER!]
Credits
I found mine used on facebook marketplace. It came from my Universities Outdoor Adventure center, every so often they sell inventory. I got it for $275. It works well but I have to hall the trailer with my son in it. Hills suck going up with him being pulled behind me. I am planning on riding to work tomorrow. It is 5 miles to work and there are 3 big bike trails between my house and work so it should be a pretty good 25-30 minute ride.
I'm very jealous. The only FB's around me seem to cost $1,000+ USED! HA! Maybe I'll take a trip sometime to NY and see what they offer.. I might get something better/cheaper in the states.

How did you like your mongoose one?

I've read a lot that its hard to bike uphill with a fat bike... I can understand how hard it would be with the extra trailer with your kid in it.. I was actually thinking of getting one, but for the dog :ROFLMAO::sneaky:... I'm not going to lie, I've thought about an e-Fatbike.. laziness at its finest.

ToxicFrank

[DMF MANAGER!]
Credits
Even my giant which has slightly larger tires is a bit of a chore uphills. All part of the game I guess.

UntitledSoldier

[DMF FOUNDER!]
Credits
I’m thinking of possibly getting that Costco one lol. It’ll be my first bike more than 200 bucks haha.

How’s the front fork/shocks on yours? Does it make a difference with the fat bike?

ToxicFrank

[DMF MANAGER!]
Credits
It depends on what I am doing. I just got to work and rode it little over 6 miles in 25:00 minutes. I had my shocks off just because it is easier. It depends on the terrain whether or not I have my shocks on or off.

ToxicFrank

[DMF MANAGER!]
Credits
There is a switch on top of my shocks. One of mine controls the intensity of the shocks and the other turns them completely on or off. I don't have to take the forks off or anything just a little tab that twists on top. The intensity one requires a tool that came with the bike (I am sure pillars would work) to adjust that way it doesn't get move when riding. The one to turn them on or off completely is very easy to just turn on and or off.

UntitledSoldier

[DMF FOUNDER!]
Credits
Oh wow! I had no idea!

Dang, I’m so use to ghetto bikes, I’ve never had the opportunity to actually adjust anything more than the gears haha.

I’m liking the idea of a fat bike more and more lol.

How tall are you Frank?