Fixed FPS issues

Who has read this thread (Total: 1) View details

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

shake

SERVER VIP
Credits
Everytime im on the server my fps drop to around 80 which for me is unplayable cuz when im on like any other server i get around 300 fps. I have seen other people have this problem as well idk if its just me or something to do with the server.

Untitled

OWNER!
Credits
What server? Can you record a demo when it does this?

Comment
Credits
It is possible that there is an ad runnin in the background causing you're FPS to have a dramatic decrease, as i have encoutered this issue myself but typing "!motd" in chat would usually cut the ad and bring your fps back up. I'm not sure if it will work for you as well.

Comment

shake

SERVER VIP
Credits
I will try that when i get back on because im currently EXTREMELY busy with school and dont really have time to play.

Comment

ToxicFrank

I'm the bug; Not the feature
OWNER!
Credits
I can confirm that the FFA DM servers when full get very laggy but not like most servers do. Most servers would have latency issues, these ones just have MAJOR FPS lag. For one if you join with FPS_max set to 999 you get like 0 fps, so when I set it to 300 and join and if the server is full I expect like 80-100 FPS max. I have a good pc and I usually get 200 to 300 in those servers when they are not full. Not sure what causes it.

Comment

Untitled

OWNER!
Credits
I can confirm that the FFA DM servers when full get very laggy but not like most servers do. Most servers would have latency issues, these ones just have MAJOR FPS lag. For one if you join with FPS_max set to 999 you get like 0 fps, so when I set it to 300 and join and if the server is full I expect like 80-100 FPS max. I have a good pc and I usually get 200 to 300 in those servers when they are not full. Not sure what causes it.

Ever since they updated the dust2 map, it's been super laggy. When the map was first updated it was even worse!!!

I started DMF with DM/FFA servers - NONE of them lagged the way they do today. I ran 8 24 slot DM/FFA servers over a year ago. I kind you not, there wasn't this issue at all back then.

I wish I could load the older dust2 map to see the difference in FPS, I'm willing to bet my life it's the map itself.

Comment
Credits
Ever since they updated the dust2 map, it's been super laggy. When the map was first updated it was even worse!!!

I started DMF with DM/FFA servers - NONE of them lagged the way they do today. I ran 8 24 slot DM/FFA servers over a year ago. I kind you not, there wasn't this issue at all back then.

I wish I could load the older dust2 map to see the difference in FPS, I'm willing to bet my life it's the map itself.

Can you possibly change it to another map such as mirage or even cache?

Comment

Untitled

OWNER!
Credits
This issue should be related to the DM servers only.

You're saying it's the retakes server. Try the !motd idea, if that doesn't work then let me know the IP# of the server in question. Have you tried another one of my servers?

Comment

shake

SERVER VIP
Credits
Im pretty sure it had something to do with the !motd cuz when i typed it i almost instantly got 150-200 fps so that was probably the issue.

Comment
Credits
yea thats what i had thought, it was most likely due to an advertiesment playing in the background, which tends to kill fps and your ears! LOL

Comment

Untitled

OWNER!
Credits
I wish I could control the volume on the ads, unfortunately it’s set by the ad company and not me :(

Comment

shake

SERVER VIP
Credits
It is possible to turn down the volume of the ads just turn down the steam volume in the volumemixer thing

Comment
Credits
With the ads, you can also set web filters to block them. I'm not sure how I did it, but a while ago I had my Kapersky antivirus set to block ads and they never played for me at all.

Comment

Hammyliu

OG HamMEE
SERVER VIP
Credits
From what I experienced in-game before, it seems like the server sometimes stack ads. One time I was on either a 1v1 or retake server and multiple people complained that multiple ads were playing at once and KILLING their frames.

Comment

Exodus

#TeamKennyFTW
Credits
I also get these adds but they never drop my frames, but I have gotten massive frame drops on the FFA servers. I get on average around 500-600fps on the 1v1 and retake servers. I haven't had this problem on those servers only FFA. @shake do you think it might be a computer issue?

Comment

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom