2 YEARS!!! YEA!!!
[DMF FOUNDER!]
Local time
Today, 03:24
Aug 7, 2016
Ontario, Canada
Credits
Fast question here.. does anyone still jailbreak

I have an iPhone 5 running on iOS 8.1.1 that I’m thinking of JB’ing.. has anyone jailbroken an iPhone recently? I’m wondering if the old JB methods still work or not???

Hoping someone out there still enjoys JB’ing and could help answer this lol

Local time
Today, 00:24
Nov 29, 2018
Credits
Hey Untitled,

I gotchu! For iOS 8.1.1 I would recommend jailbreaking using TaiG. The old methods should work still and they’re pretty stable.

Here’s a link:

-Naaj

R31D

Minecraft in 2018 L0L
[SERVER ADMIN]
[DMF DONATOR!]
Local time
Jul 27, 2018
usa
Credits
I wouldnt do it, I had an iphone 6's and i JB'D it and it broke within a week. I would say dont do it, not worth the risk

WTFrank

The Real Frank
Local time
Oct 17, 2017
New York, USA.
Credits
I wouldnt do it, I had an iphone 6's and i JB'D it and it broke within a week. I would say dont do it, not worth the risk
If your warranty for the phone is up. Then go for it, the only reason you shouldnt do it is because it voids warranty.

UntitledSoldier

2 YEARS!!! YEA!!!
[DMF FOUNDER!]
Local time
Aug 7, 2016
Ontario, Canada
Credits
If your JB worked for a week, then I highly doubt it was the JB. If it was the JB I'd think that it would "break" during the JB process, not a week later. Iphone 6's are poop. I had one, I know! Never owned a bendable phone before in my life!!!! LOL

If your warranty for the phone is up. Then go for it, the only reason you shouldnt do it is because it voids warranty.
Even then, all you have to do is restore it back to stock. You just can't go in with an iPhone thats Jailbroken, but they have no idea if you've done it prior. I know, because I tried to return my "bent" iPhone 6 while it was in warranty and it was Jailbroken. A simple restore, and they worked on my phone NP :)

I've also rooted Android phones before... There's just something about a JB iPhone that I love!!

I have an iPhone X - so I wont be jailbreaking my main phone anytime soon! I might make a trade with a buddy to acquire the iPhone 5 32gb that I mentioned, I just want to make sure I can JB it still since that's my main reason for wanting an older iPhone 5 lol.

Local time
Nov 29, 2018
Credits
If your JB worked for a week, then I highly doubt it was the JB. If it was the JB I'd think that it would "break" during the JB process, not a week later. Iphone 6's are poop. I had one, I know! Never owned a bendable phone before in my life!!!! LOL

Even then, all you have to do is restore it back to stock. You just can't go in with an iPhone thats Jailbroken, but they have no idea if you've done it prior. I know, because I tried to return my "bent" iPhone 6 while it was in warranty and it was Jailbroken. A simple restore, and they worked on my phone NP :)

I've also rooted Android phones before... There's just something about a JB iPhone that I love!!

I have an iPhone X - so I wont be jailbreaking my main phone anytime soon! I might make a trade with a buddy to acquire the iPhone 5 32gb that I mentioned, I just want to make sure I can JB it still since that's my main reason for wanting an older iPhone 5 lol.
I can check at home if I have a old iPhone 5 sitting around. I’m pretty sure I have one, but it might be bricked lol (totally not related to jailbreaking or anything)

-Naaj

Local time
Nov 29, 2018
Credits
I can check at home if I have a old iPhone 5 sitting around. I’m pretty sure I have one, but it might be bricked lol (totally not related to jailbreaking or anything)

-Naaj
If it boots then I’ll go through and jailbreak and give you an update.