DMFRENZY!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts! Join us now to unlock more of DMFRENZY!

FIXED Masks should be removed.

Should masks be removed?

• Yes

• No

• I dont care

Results are only viewable after voting.

Loyal

I'm Better Then Everyone Cause I Cheat... idiot
DMF $
Masks purpose an unfair advantage to players because some masks make the head hit box too small and some make them non existent, basically making it almost impossible to hit a head shot, which, is an unfair advantage. Every time i'm in the servers, I hear someone, sometimes even the whole server complaining about the masks.
I think its gotten to the point where its ruining the user experience and should just be removed overall.

UntitledSoldier

[FOUNDER!]
DMF $
What masks are causing an issue?

Does anyone have any sort of proof? I’m confused, because a mask doesn’t modify the hit boxes?

I know some masks don’t line up like they should, and sometimes the mask appears to be off/away from the face.. but still, it doesn’t change the hit box.

Are you sure you aren’t just missing the players head because of the distraction from the mask? I still hit HS’s while people use a mask. Yes, it does make it harder.

pablo

yung saint
[SERVER ADMIN]
[DMF DONATOR!]
DMF $
I'm pretty neutral on this one. A lot of people do complain about the masks though, guess its just distracting for some people -- probably more so for newer players. Don't use them personally, I don't want people to whine about it being "unfair."

DMF $
I'm pretty neutral on this one. A lot of people do complain about the masks though, guess its just distracting for some people -- probably more so for newer players. Don't use them personally, I don't want people to whine about it being "unfair."
Personally, I just don't want to waste my credits on something as minuscule as that, but people can spend whatever they want to spend. I never really found masks to be that annoying to play against, but if it makes the main player-base happy then I'm fine with it.

Danial

[SERVER ADMIN]
DMF $
Hm, the thing here is not just Masks. Pets, masks, and the nades trajectory all create an unfair situation/not competetive area. I can speak for EU retakes that not alot of people complain..However Masks is probably the main thing anyone buys.
I'll +1 this But I also dont mind it.

Danial

[SERVER ADMIN]
DMF $

Does anyone have any sort of proof? I’m confused, because a mask doesn’t modify the hit boxes?

I know some masks don’t line up like they should, and sometimes the mask appears to be off/away from the face.. but still, it doesn’t change the hit box.

Are you sure you aren’t just missing the players head because of the distraction from the mask? I still hit HS’s while people use a mask. Yes, it does make it harder.
While it's true they dont change the HITBOX, alot of people get annoyed/distracted..and alot like us dont. I'd also like to add that some people use it as an excuse too lol..

Loyal

DMF $

Some masks are too big some are too small some aren't even on the head. They aren't fun to play with, and as shown here a lot of people don't like it. Personally, I think they should just be removed completely. Wont have any negatives when being removed.

UntitledSoldier

[FOUNDER!]
DMF $
Some masks are too big some are too small some aren't even on the head. They aren't fun to play with, and as shown here a lot of people don't like it. Personally, I think they should just be removed completely. Wont have any negatives when being removed.
Dude, your first line totally reminded of Goldilocks and the three bears 😂👍🏻

Guys, I never intended on Retakes being competitive? None of my servers are competitive? They are here for FUN.

I’m not removing them, especially when “I DONT CARE” is leading the way in votes LOL

Think about the people that put in time to get certain items.. don’t you think they would be pissed off? I know I sure would be!!

Best case.. I know there’s another version of the shop that someone else made. I’m almost positive that with that shop, certain things can be disabled on the user side. So, if someone doesn’t like the masks, they can disable them.

However, this would require that I redo the whole shop!!!! I’d have to manually do all of the items. This would take me so fucking long to do... but.. I’m willing to do it if it’ll better the community!

I’ll spend the next couple of days really looking into this new system... if items don’t transfer over, then I’ll most likely pass on the idea.

Loyal

DMF $
Most of the users who play on the retakes arent on the forums so we cant get their opinion but im positive if they were, they would agree to remove them.

It should be taken into consideration that out of the users who voted, no one voted to keep them.

UntitledSoldier

[FOUNDER!]
DMF $
Most of the users who play on the retakes arent on the forums so we cant get their opinion but im positive if they were, they would agree to remove them.

It should be taken into consideration that out of the users who voted, no one voted to keep them.
It's a perfect opportunity to bring new members onto the forum! Mention this thread to some regulars that you happen to play with, lets see how interesting this poll can get. 🤷‍♂️

I think people voted "i dont care" instead of no, because to most people, this isn't an issue? Maybe I'm wrong?

kennyL

not a bug; a feature
[DMF MANAGER!]
DMF $
I would say that a "I don't care" is as good as a no because they didn't say to remove them.

Loyal

DMF $
I would say that a "I don't care" is as good as a no because they didn't say to remove them.
I doubt that. Its basically them saying do whatever the fuck you want and we wont be upset.

So realistically, Removing them is in the lead.

kennyL

not a bug; a feature
[DMF MANAGER!]
DMF $
I doubt that. Its basically them saying do whatever the fuck you want and we wont be upset.

So realistically, Removing them is in the lead.
LOL ok however you want to look at it, Loyal.

Seems nice, also there's a spray command. Thats gonna be fun! But are you removing masks?
Unlikely, if he switches them, because of this command.
Code:
sm_hide - Toggle -> hide all hats/pets/trails/neons, it will release your FPS. [alias: sm_hideneon/sm_hidetrail]

UntitledSoldier

[FOUNDER!]
DMF $
Doesn’t really mean shit if they don’t come vote 👍

Regardless, I’ll be testing out the new shop soon enough! I’m going to create another server to test it on..

Danial

[SERVER ADMIN]
DMF $
Should we by any chance try and do votes in servers several times of the day? In the forums not alot of people come/post. If we tried it like over 3-4days 2-3 times a day (each person can have 1 server to do this) We can get a better anwser overall?

UntitledSoldier

[FOUNDER!]
DMF $
You mean hold votes within the server? I don’t know how well that would go seeing as most might just click any number to get rid of the vote from their screen.

I guess it would make more sense to advertise the site URL for the votes we have when needing more voters... but like I said earlier to loyal, why not use it as a chance to bring on new members? People have to register in order to vote! So it’s a win win.

UntitledSoldier

[FOUNDER!]
DMF $
I've been thinking about this more and more...

How does this sound???

1. dmfrenzy.game.nfoservers.com - Included will be: Chat related, Paintballs, Bhop, and It'll have sprays which can be bought in store.

2. dmfrenzy3.game.nfoservers.com:27015 & dmfrenzy7.game.nfoservers.com - Included will be: Chat related, Paintballs, Bhop, and It'll have sprays which can be bought in store.

3. ny.game.nfoservers.com:27015 - Will include the full version store! Hats and everything will be usable on this server! I'll be chopping down the hats to 10, maybe 15! Same goes for the trails!!!

4. 162.248.93.9:27015 - Will include the full version store! Hats and everything will be usable on this server! I'll be chopping down the hats to 10, maybe 15! Same goes for the trails!!!
Let me know what you guys think! If you don't see something on the list, it's most likely because I'm leaving it off!

Last edited:

Danial

[SERVER ADMIN]
DMF $
Honestly I think paintball shouldnt be added. Even the trails when u shoot (shows glowing lines) is very annoying..and is probably the worst. But since no one uses them it's not a big problem rn. But I saw a guy having that trail after u shoot and it was annoying..Luckily it was 1 guy.

inzane

[DMF DONATOR!]
DMF $
Paintballs should definitely stay in the shop as they are not distracting. Tracers on the other hand could be debatable.

Danial

[SERVER ADMIN]
DMF $
I ment tracers lol..I had the wrong idea when you said paintballs. But tracers especially the ones when people shoot are really unhealthy if players use them. I can assure you that.

Danial

[SERVER ADMIN]
DMF $
That's really good. BTW I actually use paintballs haha, I love em. When I wallbang or something I see if I did it correct..I dont really care about anything in the shop other than them :poop:

Space

[SERVER ADMIN]
DMF $
I understand what you are saying about removing the masks, however I think people are just using the masks as an excuse, since they do not modify the hit box in any way.

DMF $
I understand what you are saying about removing the masks, however I think people are just using the masks as an excuse, since they do not modify the hit box in any way.
From what I can assume, it's not so much modifying the hit box, but rather it's making the head a bit hard to tell since some of the masks make it so you can't tell where the edges of the head are. Although I'm not really the one arguing against masks, so I'm probably not the best at representing that group.

DMF $
Dmf is losing players because of the masks. No one is going to quit because they can’t use them. I don’t get why ppl like the masks so much. It’s not like when you equip a mask you can see it. You literally can’t even see it on you so I don’t see the point on why people like them. There is 0 benefit to having the mask. All they do is make it harder to judge where a head is.

kennyL

not a bug; a feature
[DMF MANAGER!]
DMF $
Dmf is losing players because of the masks. No one is going to quit because they can’t use them. I don’t get why ppl like the masks so much. It’s not like when you equip a mask you can see it. You literally can’t even see it on you so I don’t see the point on why people like them. There is 0 benefit to having the mask. All they do is make it harder to judge where a head is.
You literally can disable them on the client side now.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Support DMFRENZY!

VIP & Credit Packages have been set up to help finance our CSGO Servers!

Members Online

No members online now.
Top Bottom