DMFRENZY!

Looking to become a VIP member?

Register now - It's free

Resetting Retakes !lvl?

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

How often should we reset the points for our Retakes !lvl system?

• Once a year!

Votes: 38 57.6%
  • Twice a year!

Votes: 5 7.6%
  • Every two years!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NEVER!

Votes: 23 34.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll votes is visible for users with special permission.
  • Poll closed .
Server Credits
Guys,

Just curious how you guys feel about this! I know we have a lot of competition in our Retakes servers, and I feel like it would be nice to give everyone an opportunity to become #1!

New Year - New Ranks?
Any reset will happen on the 1st day of January. If this passes, the ranks could be reset on 1/31/21 only for this year!

Should we reset the stats?
And by reset, I'm referring to the Points/Ranks only - All other stats will remain!

Please vote... every vote counts!

Brownie

SERVER VIP
Server Credits
I shall say what I want to say before the sweaty/technical people pull up to ruin this thread. I recommend resetting the stats once a year. Thank you.

2 Comments
Untitled Untitled
Untitled commented
I agree with this!

Perhaps I should have a prize of some sort for those for have spent the last year making sure they become a top 3 player!

Plebstyle
Plebstyle commented
agreed

Server Credits
I definitely agree with resetting once a year. People at the top of the leaderboards at this point are literally untouchable because theres such a high point deficit to the rest of us. However, if the points are reset every year then I would also like to see the required amount of points for each rank go down, especially the higher ranks. It'll be pretty much impossible for a casual player such as me to hit the highest rank within a year without spending more time on the server, and that degrades from the experience imo. Also, I would like to see a leaderboard that keeps track of the rankings for each year if possible.

Comment

lanna

:3
SERVER ADMIN
Server Credits
Oh lord never please. I worked too hard to get to my rank and I am so close to max rank. Dont ever EVER reset hehe :)

Comment

lanna

SERVER ADMIN
Server Credits
You smell @Brown Man's Revenge . And it doesnt even matter its gonna be the same people at #1. But PLEASE i worked too hard and long to get where im at now.

Comment

Brownie

SERVER VIP
Server Credits
You smell. And it doesnt even matter its gonna be the same people at #1. But PLEASE i worked too hard and long to get where im at now.
1.) I don't smell

2.) Get off the thread

Comment

Deximanexi

Capt. Fiddlesticks
SERVER VIP
Server Credits
I definitely agree with resetting once a year. People at the top of the leaderboards at this point are literally untouchable because theres such a high point deficit to the rest of us. However, if the points are reset every year then I would also like to see the required amount of points for each rank go down, especially the higher ranks. It'll be pretty much impossible for a casual player such as me to hit the highest rank within a year without spending more time on the server, and that degrades from the experience imo. Also, I would like to see a leaderboard that keeps track of the rankings for each year if possible.
ughhhhhh rooooooooooooooooo

Comment

lanna

SERVER ADMIN
Server Credits
lol watch the stats reset and the people who were at top get to top again. Lol its gonna be the same 5 untouchable players i can name rn.

1 Comment
Untitled Untitled
Untitled commented
It's true. That's the one thing that's preventing me from just doing it lol.

WTFrank

The Real Frank
SR ADMIN
Server Credits
lol watch the stats reset and the people who were at top get to top again. Lol its gonna be the same 5 untouchable players i can name rn.
You don't know that for sure. They are at the top because they have been around for a long time and put in the work. A clean reset will give newer players a chance to climb the ranks. A yearly reset is the smart thing to do. The way it is now there really isnt a point in trying to get to the top because the current top players have put so much time in, its kinda unfair to people who are new to our servers because they dont stand a chance.

Comment

Yankee

SERVER VIP
Server Credits
I get wanting to reset stats, but I don't get your reasoning. Why should the new players be catered to who might not ever join the servers again, while the top players (not just top10) have spent months to get to their ranks and are sure to keep joining.

Comment

WTFrank

The Real Frank
SR ADMIN
Server Credits
I get wanting to reset stats, but I don't get your reasoning. Why should the new players be catered to who might not ever join the servers again, while the top players (not just top10) have spent months to get to their ranks and are sure to keep joining.
By new players I dont mean the people who join for one day then are never seen again. I mean the new people to our community, we have been getting a fair amount of new regulars and vips.

Comment

ToxicFrank

I'm the bug; Not the feature
MANAGER
Server Credits
A couple of things:

Do you plan PURELY because of your rank? I for one play just to play, I don't care about my rank

Also, new players who do care bout their rank have little chance of catching up. I don't care, either way, personally, I don't care that much about my rank. More meaningful metrics to me are like Top ADR/KDR and stuff like that, we would need custom work done to order by that though.

Comment
Server Credits
I mean people like me who are in the first couple of danger zone ranks could be considered as new players. I don't see why I would never join the server again, but people like me who just don't even care about ranking up anymore because it doesn't even matter want rank resets. If the top players are literally untouchable because they have 10x as many points, what's the point in trying to rank up if it doesn't get you anywhere close to being near the top? Plus, the top players such as you are pretty much a minority. The playerbase is composed of average players, the top 10 or 50 regulars make up a very small portion of the servers.

Comment