DMFRENZY!

Looking to become a VIP member?

Register now - It's free

Resetting Retakes !lvl?

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

How often should we reset the points for our Retakes !lvl system?

• Once a year!

Votes: 38 57.6%
  • Twice a year!

Votes: 5 7.6%
  • Every two years!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NEVER!

Votes: 23 34.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll votes is visible for users with special permission.
  • Poll closed .

Brownie

SERVER VIP
Credits
I mean people like me who are in the first couple of danger zone ranks could be considered as new players. I don't see why I would never join the server again, but people like me who just don't even care about ranking up anymore because it doesn't even matter want rank resets. If the top players are literally untouchable because they have 10x as many points, what's the point in trying to rank up if it doesn't get you anywhere close to being near the top? Plus, the top players such as you are pretty much a minority. The playerbase is composed of average players, the top 10 or 50 regulars make up a very small portion of the servers.
I still stand by my first post, no matter how many sweaty people complain. All those sweaty, greasy, stinky gamers.

Comment

lanna

:3
SERVER ADMIN
Credits
I used to not care about my rank and would just reset, but i stopped doing that because i started caring about how I do now. It took me months and hard work especially since im super inconsistent, to get to the rank I am at now. Resetting stats is just gonna make me restart a whole years worth of work and time i put into playing on servers.

Comment

kennyL

not a bug; a feature
MANAGER
Credits
I used to not care about my rank and would just reset, but i stopped doing that because i started caring about how I do now. It took me months and hard work especially since im super inconsistent, to get to the rank I am at now. Resetting stats is just gonna make me restart a whole years worth of work and time i put into playing on servers.

I think this is kinda the entire point, should it take someone that long to be at the top, or should it be more "competitive" of who is at the top and who has a chance to be without being a year-long grind?

Comment

lanna

SERVER ADMIN
Credits
For me it’ll discourage wanting to play since all the work and time i put into servers other than being admin ;) since i just lost so much time yk?

Comment

lanna

SERVER ADMIN
Credits
I think this is kinda the entire point, should it take someone that long to be at the top, or should it be more "competitive" of who is at the top and who has a chance to be without being a year-long grind?
I understand but if i wanted my stats to be reset I wouldve done that a long time ago but instead I chose to keep going and now im at a good rank im comfortable with since i know that i was able to finally get to a good rank yk? And to have stats reset before I could get to max rank would just be sad.

Comment

lanna

SERVER ADMIN
Credits
And it only took me a year cuz when i first started playing on dmfrenzy, i was new to csgo. I literally didnt know anything abt the game which is why it took me a while to learn the game.

Comment

manmadecs

SERVER VIP
Credits
I believe that current top players should be rewarded for what they have achieved in spam of their loyalty. Given the opportunity for the new players trying to get to the top ranks would be a wonderful idea and should be also rewarded for their achievements.

Also, would be great to keep the overall stats up to date. I play mostly just for fun , however it's interesting to see what other players statistics are to keep that level of competition alive.

Comment

brax

SERVER VIP
Credits
I believe that current top players should be rewarded for what they have achieved in spam of their loyalty. Given the opportunity for the new players trying to get to the top ranks would be a wonderful idea and should be also rewarded for their achievements.

Also, would be great to keep the overall stats up to date. I play mostly just for fun , however it's interesting to see what other players statistics are to keep that level of competition alive.
I agree maybe reset the rankings but keep the statistics the players had such as kills and deaths

Comment
Credits
or just don't care about the rank because it means almost nothing aside from time spent on the server ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

TomHat

SERVER VIP
Credits
Would it be too complicated to do a ladder style reset once a year, while keeping overall stats?

Like by default !rank and !stats would reset but maybe keep a !topoverall tracked everything?

Comment

ToxicFrank

I'm the bug; Not the feature
MANAGER
Credits
Possible, yes, PITA, yes. Especially if you want to be able to view those metrics IN the server and not in something like a web portal.

Comment
Credits
Hahahaha... There was about 8-9 duplicate accounts that voted.. I'll clean up the voting once it's done.

To the person who decided to make multiple accounts to vote - I see you! Not cool! lol..

Comment