DMFRENZY!
Looking to become a VIP member?

Register now - It's free

APPROVED Skyrunes Posted an Appeal!

Who has read this thread (Total: 11) View details

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Nov 15, 2020
IN GAME NAME Skyrunes

STEAM ID STEAM_0:0:89153412

YOUR SOURCEBANS LINK https://dmfrenzy.com/bans/index.php?p=banlist&advSearch=STEAM_1:0:89153412&advType=steamid&Submit

REASON FOR MUTE/GAG/BAN The sourcebans page said this was the reason, "[SourceSleuth] Duplicate account"
(If the above link was incorrect, then it's the ban that was applied 11-15-20 17:40)
I thought maybe it was because I connected to your server with a VPN, which was an accident because I don't usually play with a VPN but sometimes I forget to turn it off. I only connect to VPN servers in my geographical area so it doesn't affect my ping by more than 10 ms so it would not give other players a laggy experience against me.

WHY SHOULD YOU BE UNMUTED/UNGAGGED/UNBANNED? I didn't realize it was against the rules to connect to your server with multiple CSGO accounts that use one computer. I have a CSGO account that I play with that I use for adding random CSGO friends and playing CSGO and then a normal Steam account for privately playing all my single player games but sometimes I forget to switch to my CSGO account when just practicing FFA daily, which is what happened today. It's not against the Steam Terms of Service to have multiple accounts either. I never used the alternative accounts for any ban dodging or for any other unethical reasons, including cheating or harassing other players. I just enjoy using this server to practice on.

CLOSING COMMENTS - MAKE IT GOOD! In future, if I am unbanned, I will only connect to your server with one account, even though you are probably going to ban the other account if I choose to use it again so I will just use this account (if unbanned) for FFA then since your server is my favorite. (But if there is a way for me to connect to the server again with my CSGO account I would prefer that) Sorry for the inconvenience and I apologize for inadventently breaking the rules. Thanks for your time.

You acknowledge that this is your last chance. Any further bans will not be lifted. (For users who are guilty and appealing for a second chance. Cheating bans are permanent and will not be given second chances). Yes

WTFrank

The Real Frank
Staff member
[SR ADMIN!]
Oct 17, 2017
You were automatically banned because someone using the same VPN as you cheated and got banned. You playing on multiple accounts doesn't matter unless you're cheating. It was the VPN that was the issue, thats why we recommend not using a VPN on our servers so this doesn't happen.

Comment

WTFrank

The Real Frank
Staff member
[SR ADMIN!]
Oct 17, 2017
We are going to unban your account. Do not connect with the VPN again or it will reban you. Have fun!

Comment

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.