SMAC?

inzane

Professional Managers' Assistant
SENIOR ADMIN
Credits
Source Mod Anti Cheat

"SourceMod Anti-Cheat is a server-side plugin comprised of different modules to help protect your gameserver against common threats, hacks, scripts, exploits, commands, cvars, or cheats currently being used today to cause your servers harm"

https://bitbucket.org/anticheat/smac/wiki/Home

ApolloXV

[DMF DONATOR!]
Credits
I know you might feel a certain way about me atm, but additional Anti-Cheat can never hurt.

ToxicFrank

[DMF MANAGER!]
Credits
Kenny and I have used SMAC before, it is a server side anti cheat so it isn't gonna change a whole lot. It MAY catch a couple of cheaters but it is not gonna clean the servers up completely. Server side anti cheats are easily bypassed, that is why VAC is in the state it is. You can add it and it shouldn't hurt anything, if anything it will help a bit but we shouldn't expect great changes.

ApolloXV

[DMF DONATOR!]
Credits
I've seen MANY servers use smac and like Frank said, it doesn't catch everything but it keeps a solid amount of cheaters at bay.

kennyL

not a bug; a feature
[DMF MANAGER!]
Credits
I believe SMAC is more dated than Cow AntiCheat, so I would look into Cow over SMAC IMO.

ApolloXV

[DMF DONATOR!]
Credits
I though COW was for bhop?

slightly off topic: Any chance that any of you have Sonic Sound Studio III?

ApolloXV

[DMF DONATOR!]
Credits
Didn't know that, I've just always heard about Cow's OPTI and Cow AC not sure if they are the same thing but yeah.

UntitledSoldier

[DMF FOUNDER!]
Credits
COW is new to me!

I'm not looking to solve any issues with this, but perhaps its something that might catch someone here and there? Between that and !calladmin, every bit helps.