DMFRENZY!
Looking to become a VIP member?

Register now - It's free

Streaming camera & Software?

Who has read this thread (Total: 8) View details

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

UntitledSoldier

Staff member
Founder
Aug 7, 2016
Just wondering, what camera do you guys use and what software do you use for it?

I might end up having to get a camera, so any input would be grrrrreat!

Thanks guys!

ez4enceenceence

TakeN
VIP
May 25, 2019
Logitech C922 or you can go to the Logitech Streamcam for 60fps for a bit more. You can also use streamlabs for streaming or you can buy a capture card from elgato, but for now I recommended using streamlabs.

Comment

ToxicFrank

I'm the bug; Not the feature
Staff member
MANAGER
Oct 29, 2016
    • I'm the bug; Not the feature
I use a few different things. I have a Logitech C920 which I generally use, but when I want that SICK second angle I use a Sony A7ii with a Mirabox capture card (it's a full mirrorless camera so big boy HD) but generally C920. I will say if you want to start streaming CS it is a big more tricky now.... They made game captures impossible so you have to use a display capture which works but if you are trying to play at anything greater than 60hz you may run into issues. I ran into issues of the display capture reverting my monitor to 60hz when streaming instead of 144hz. I resolved this by buying a $200 capture card and going GPU -> Capture Card -> Monitor and using the capture card as my source instead of the monitor directly. I can control my refresh rate better but it tricky to setup.

Comment
Oct 29, 2019
Logitech C922 and Streamlabs. If u want to go a little further then get a Elgato capture card. I do be on chaturbate so I know what I'm talking about.

Comment

UntitledSoldier

Staff member
Founder
Aug 7, 2016
Is 1080p @ 60fps not needed?

720p @ 60fps seems common though... Do you need 1080p for streaming?

I definitely wont be streaming while I play CSGO - I feel like I'd have to pay people to watch me get killed every round :ROFLMAO:.

I'm looking to get a camera for whenever a video chat is needed. I don't see a point in getting a normal camera, I might as well spend the extra and if I want to stream, I can.

Will I stream? Hahaha, who knows. Maybe I'll stream while I play Nuketown.. that map is hella fun and I can kill people haha.

Comment

ToxicFrank

I'm the bug; Not the feature
Staff member
MANAGER
Oct 29, 2016
    • I'm the bug; Not the feature
720p will work fine for normal video chat yes.

Comment

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.