Admin Applications Team

Who has read this thread (Total: 0) View details

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Credits
Yes, we all know managers are the ones who either accept or deny applications. But there are times where managers are un sure of an application weather its a accepted or denied verdict. I believe adding a special team of unique users to have the ability to choose the staff members are better for not only the managers but the community as a whole. Some times managers are very busy and us applicants get very anxious and annoying when it comes to the applications, but with a team that does the applications for the managers, we can count on a good response time and a reliable answer with suggestions to increase our odds of some day becoming an admin.

ToxicFrank

I'm the bug; Not the feature
OWNER!
Credits
That is essentially what Senior admins and managers are. Untitled should have full say in the matter, which he does but he put the managers in place to help him handle staff applications and we have done a good job at it. We used to have 4-5 pages of applications sometimes a year or more old. We have good ideas and we ask all of our admins for input on people but we don't always get to know and play with everyone and we don't always agree with on who we think should be staff. We try our best but sometimes we leave applications sit to see if that user stays active or if they change something we want to watch. We try and comment on applications with feed back if we are not accepting them right at the moment. We usually do one of two things.

1. Deny applications and tell them how to improve.
  2. Tell them where they could improve to get admin and let it sit if it isn't very old or if we think they are really close to getting admin.

The problem is 99% of people that come on discord/forums only want admin, we have very few community members that aren't applicants that are active on the forums and discord. We have to make sure that we are selecting the best representatives from our community to be the face of our discord and forums and keep people here. All this takes time.

Comment
Credits
I understand where you're coming from with this suggestion, as my application did take a while to get accepted. However, there are currently 4 people including the managers, Aevox, and myself who constantly review every application. On top of that, we always ask for the opinions of the staff team on the pending applications.

Although we know that the delay of applying to actually getting accepted may be annoying, there are very good reasons for this.
We either:
1. Are waiting to get to know you.
2. Want to see if you remain active in the community.
3. Think there's enough admins for now.
4. Wait for admins and other users to vouch for you, etc.

Once again I know it can be frustrating but this system has worked for us and we will be continuing to run the application process this way.

Thank you for your suggestion, have a great day.

Comment

ToxicFrank

I'm the bug; Not the feature
OWNER!
Credits
Beat you to it Inzane. #winrar. But yes, everything he says is true, his application took months and he rode it out and got it. Since then we have really tried to speed up the process and we are working on finding new ways to determine who would make a good choice for our team. We are considering doing interviews with applicants or asking them to complete more detailed surveys.

Comment
Credits
Well thank you for the quick reaponse and it did slip out of my mind that senior admins do asp help witht he suggestions so i think you guys have it under control and going smooth.

Comment

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom