Audio Design for the servers?

Who has read this thread (Total: 0) View details

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Not Parcs

Parcs
Credits
Hear me out on this one, it probably doesn't make sense, and i'm not even sure if it's possible to pull off, but what if I made some short clips of music, and sound design for when a player finished the map, or wins a round, and plopped it in the servers, that'd be insane!
I could easily get it done, but i'm not too sure it's possible to mess with the files in the maps, and it might need to be done through the map editor or something like that, but if we have a guy for it, that'd be dope.
Also, how are the maps made actually?
I'm pretty interested, and I don't think i'd mind making one, i'll do research outside of this post of course, but if any of you guys know, that'd be dope.
I know this post was short, but i've been thinking about that a bit, so thanks for reading this.
You're just better,
-Parcs

ToxicFrank

I'm the bug; Not the feature
OWNER!
Credits
Uh, yeah pretty sure it is just replacing the audio files that are with the plugin, to begin with. That is how KZ does it anyway, there are audio files for records, jump stats and more and they can be swapped for an identically named file.

Comment
Credits
I think this isn't that good of an idea to implement sounds (music, actions, etc.) into the servers and here's why.

Personally, I've played on many servers that have sound clips (music, actions, etc.) and I've noticed most turn out aids and actually aren't that cool.
I think there are resources out there where you can easily implement these features into the servers, but again I don't think it's needed or should be implemented.

Comment

Not Parcs

Parcs
Credits
Uh, yeah pretty sure it is just replacing the audio files that are with the plugin, to begin with. That is how KZ does it anyway, there are audio files for records, jump stats and more and they can be swapped for an identically named file.
Could be interesting to look into further, we could have a lot of fun with this idea honestly.

Comment

Not Parcs

Parcs
Credits
I think this isn't that good of an idea to implement sounds (music, actions, etc.) into the servers and here's why.

Personally, I've played on many servers that have sound clips (music, actions, etc.) and I've noticed most turn out aids and actually aren't that cool.
I think there are resources out there where you can easily implement these features into the servers, but again I don't think it's needed or should be implemented.
I think the main reason it doesn't work out for those guys is because they've probably never actually had any experience developing sounds for a scene, or game in an engine many times, so they lack the experience needed to provide a clean, fitting, and supportive sound to create a better experience in the map they made the audio for.
It takes time, but if done correctly, it can bring life to a server with no audio.

Comment
Credits
“no audio’ Have you seen the 1v1 server? Plenty of audio there LMFAO

Comment

Orochimaru

Won't hit meh dream
SERVER VIP
Credits
It sounds delightful to me!!!

YA FVCKING RIGHT! ???
I don't see many issues regarding people breaking/ mic spamming. Sure, sometimes it happens but def not all the time. Maybe once or twice a night, and even then rarely. I'm not on the 1v1 server around 7-6 PM. Otherwise I'm normally there. Most users arnt toxic or openly toxic.

Comment

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom