DMF Discord

Who has read this thread (Total: 0) View details

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Credits
I was just thinking about this earlier.

Even though I've always preferred TS, I'd say the majority of people choose Discord simply because of how user friendly it is in comparison.
People would probably be more inclined to using it rather than the TS server. (which I've noticed is empty 99% of the time anyway)

It's free to create a server. Managing permissions and channels is a breeze.
I even have a modified version of RED (prob most popular discord server bot) that would be fun to have around.

I'm not sure what your thoughts are on this, but if you wanted to you could even replace the current shoutbox with an embedded Discord chat box.

If need be, I'd be willing to set it all up and then simply transfer ownership over if you don't want to deal with the hassle.

Just some ideas! I think this could help promote more community interaction.

Untitled

OWNER!
Credits
I can't believe you posted about this.. I was going to make a post within the next few days about it!!! LOL

I noticed a very nice discord addon for Xenforo that looked really sweet... As much as I love TS, and I do, it's all I've ever really used, and i still don't know how to use it much hahaha.

I'll be giving this a go and trying it out! So yes!

Comment
Credits
I agree with the discord communications, it's free and pretty much easier. Idk about the Shoutbox, but TS is a pain anyway xD

Comment
Credits
Awesome!

Yeah, I've always loved and preferred TS as well.
Only reason I ever even started using Discord is because some of my friends were confused by Teamspeak's UI. lol
It is overall easier though so I get it.

I mentioned the shoutbox thing too because I've seen some really nice looking embedded discord chats on other forums/sites and I think it might give the current chat a run for it's money.

Edit: So apparently Discord doesn't support embedding chat..
Which is really strange because I swear I saw just that on another forum a few weeks ago. Lol. Oh well. So scratch that idea.. Haha

Comment

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom