Forums Member Map?

Who has read this thread (Total: 2) View details

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Credits
I see a new forums member map, it’s pretty neat, but I’m not sure I feel comforable being displayed on the map knowing it’s fairly accurate on where I live area wise.

Idk I guess it’s kind of wierd somone can see where I live...

Untitled

OWNER!
Credits
Mine was way off, I moved my flag and corrected it LOL.

I don't see why you're being paranoid about it. It doesn't pinpoint it to your house lol, then I'd totally understand being paranoid.

The way I see it, if someone really wants to find out more info about you, they will. Membermap or not. With will comes way.

Either way, simply click your location flag and take a look at your info box that comes up - simply click Opt Out in the top left.

Comment

Untitled

OWNER!
Credits
Plus, it's generating a lot of errors right now. If I cannot fix it, I'll be removing it regardless due to the errors.

Comment

ToxicFrank

I'm the bug; Not the feature
OWNER!
Credits
I agree with what untitled says, I am not saying I have experience in this area, but I am not saying I don't, if someone wants to find your street address, an IP address will do next to nothing. Remember when you search an IP address it doesn't pinpoint your house but rather the start of a postal code your IP resolves to or some sort of router in the area (not household routers). If someone has the ability to find your address you best believe they will probably find your IP one way or another, this doesn't even show your IP but rather just a close geographic area. Mine goes to Lincoln Nebraska, sure I am in Lincoln but I am 25 minutes away from that point.

Like untitled says, if you don't like it opt out but I like it as it shows where our members are coming from, and heck, you may find someone who is closer to you than you think which is sometimes cool.

Comment

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom