Pick A Server!

Who has read this thread (Total: 0) View details

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

What Server Should We Add?

• Deathrun

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Jailbreak

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • Scoutz&Knifez

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • SURF !!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll votes is visible for users with special permission.
  • Poll closed .
D

Deleted member 142

E X E C U T E S
they're extremely popular, a majority of your retake audience would play it, the plugin appears to be very simple to create and I believe there are multiple configs already publicly accessible, and it's the new hype train for servers

Don't get me wrong, all three of these server ideas sound like a blast but.. come on, executes would be sick! Not just for myself, but for the community as a whole that I interact with.

Comment
Credits
Executes would be a ton of fun.
It's essentially the exact same thing as Retakes but instead of retaking a site, you're executing the site.

Executes was created by the same developer that created Retakes but unfortunately is not currently a publicly available game mode as of yet. The only servers that can be found running the game mode are the ones owned by the developer, Splewis.

In his FAQ he addresses the current state of the game mode and answers when it will be released to the public...
WHEN WILL EXECUTES BE RELEASED SO I CAN MAKE MY OWN SERVER?!??!
When somebody releases a maintainable sourcemod extension or plugin that follows this api. Want details? See here. I don't have the desire to fix or maintain this part, and without it grenades cannot be edited and my configs slowly become increasingly broken (they already partly are - and I'm not releasing things doomed to break).

So anyway, that's all the info I could dig up.
There is the possibility of someone else creating it themselves! There actually might already be another one out there though it seems unlikely as there aren't many open-source plugin developers of that caliber.

Oh, and as for my vote... Soutzknivez all the way. Most fun out of the three imo.

Edit: I did find this. It looks like someone did try to recreate Executes for the public though judging from some of the comments, it seems to be somewhat broken currently.

Last edited:
Comment

ToxicFrank

I'm the bug; Not the feature
OWNER!
Credits
So CT's hold the site, T's try and take it. Looking at it, no, the plugin is not that easy to create as you need to also include bots that have predefined commands.

Comment
D

Deleted member 142

So CT's hold the site, T's try and take it. Looking at it, no, the plugin is not that easy to create as you need to also include bots that have predefined commands.
I think you're misunderstanding, the CTs are spawned in common positions to hold off pushes. Let's take Dust II, one CT would spawn in CT-spawn, one CT in site, one long. You can mix these as you please, it's essentially retakes. I'm not aware of how complex developing retakes is, but I figured it was relatively easy given there are a multitude of providers that allow it.

The only other component of the plugin would be placement of smokes, the original developer of the software as Jazz references just has several different site executes precoded, it's fairly simple at least from an outside POV. I've never developed plugins, so I could be mislead.

Comment
D

Deleted member 142

I think a surf server should be added to the list!!!
I'd be super down for that, I would make that, I personally recommend beginner level maps such as Utopia, Air Control, and so on for the majority of your surf servers with only a few having the harder difficulties. The surf community is a lot smaller than it used to be, so I'd have more introductory maps. Well that's what I'd do at least.

Comment

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom