Populating the Discord and Teamspeak servers;

Who has read this thread (Total: 0) View details

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Credits
Anyone else think it'd be sick if the teamspeak and discord gained popularity? Advertising them in-game or something, or on the forums. I know it happens a little bit but we could have some days where we could all go there to chill / hang out.

Credits
It'd be nice. I would definitely like it if the TS was more active. Unfortunately the majority don't even have/use TS.
That's actually why the Discord was made. It provides a more simple solution for community VoIP and chat.

Comment
Credits
It'd be nice. I would definitely like it if the TS was more active. Unfortunately the majority don't even have/use TS.
That's actually why the Discord was made. It provides a more simple solution for community VoIP and chat.
I thought it was the opposite o_O

Comment
Credits
If only. :emoji_sweat_smile:

I heavily prefer TS over any other VoIP platform but It's undeniable that it's more widely used and adopted.

Comment

ToxicFrank

I'm the bug; Not the feature
OWNER!
Credits
I love da fudge out of Teamspeak, I had hosted so many voIP platforms over the years starting with Vent and TS has been my favorite. There are server Query programs that make it really easy to set up and administer and there are plugins that can be made if people know LUA. I have never been a fan of discord. I tried it, got annoyed AF with it and just can't go back. I even retried it on the DMF one and it was buggy and not my favorite thing in the world.

Comment
Credits
I love da fudge out of Teamspeak, I had hosted so many voIP platforms over the years starting with Vent and TS has been my favorite. There are server Query programs that make it really easy to set up and administer and there are plugins that can be made if people know LUA. I have never been a fan of discord. I tried it, got annoyed AF with it and just can't go back. I even retried it on the DMF one and it was buggy and not my favorite thing in the world.
Same man, i hate discord.

Comment

ToxicFrank

I'm the bug; Not the feature
OWNER!
Credits
Like here's what I'm talking about. When I joined the other day I couldn't hear notification sounds for text messages, no big deal, I figured I'd go to settings and turn it on... guess what. It was already on and just would not work, tried turning it off, then back on, checked what speakers it was using, nothing. I can't stand it, the thing about TeamSpeak is, it's SOOOO old that it's tried and true. It's had most of its bugs worked out and really doesn't ever give me problems.

My biggest complaint with people is that everyone says "TeamSpeak is too difficult, I can't figure it out." Really people? You can figure out how to connect to servers in the CS:GO server browser but not TeamSpeak....

1. All you have to do is type the connection name and your username and you're set... Type in ts.dmfrenzy.com into the IP and it will connect, simple as pie...
  2. You can literally browse a list of all TS servers just like CS:GO... It's not that hard.

People that say "TeamSpeak is too hard" are really saying "I am too lazy to want to type in a couple words, instead I really want to only have to click a link." Guess what, you can make links that will open and auto connect to Teamspeak. I just don't get people's arguments over it.

Comment
Credits
Like here's what I'm talking about. When I joined the other day I couldn't hear notification sounds for text messages, no big deal, I figured I'd go to settings and turn it on... guess what. It was already on and just would not work, tried turning it off, then back on, checked what speakers it was using, nothing. I can't stand it, the thing about TeamSpeak is, it's SOOOO old that it's tried and true. It's had most of its bugs worked out and really doesn't ever give me problems.

My biggest complaint with people is that everyone says "TeamSpeak is too difficult, I can't figure it out." Really people? You can figure out how to connect to servers in the CS:GO server browser but not TeamSpeak....

1. All you have to do is type the connection name and your username and you're set... Type in ts.dmfrenzy.com into the IP and it will connect, simple as pie...
  2. You can literally browse a list of all TS servers just like CS:GO... It's not that hard.

People that say "TeamSpeak is too hard" are really saying "I am too lazy to want to type in a couple words, instead I really want to only have to click a link." Guess what, you can make links that will open and auto connect to Teamspeak. I just don't get people's arguments over it.
Exactly dude, if anything; discord's alot harder.

Comment

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom