!votekick / !voteban

Who has read this thread (Total: 4) View details

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Credits
I have been in a number of games where someone attempted to use the !voteban command unnecessarily simply because the people in the game "Dont like" the person they are voting to ban. In many cases the ban was only blocked by 1 or two votes which is too close a call. A couple of weeks ago I was talking with ToxicFrank in DMs when I noticed that many accounts had been banned by "gamevoting" for 24 months (2 years) I asked Frank about this, to which he replied that !voteban should only ban someone for 30 minutes. If you go back through the sourcebans you can see that many accounts banned for 23 + months were mass unbanned because of our work. I went through again recently and noticed that more people have been banned by gamevoting for 2 years, in my opinion, there should not even be a small chance that a SINGLE member of the community is unjustly banned from the servers, and in my opinion, we should either remove !voteban from being a public command, or change the sentence on gamevoting so that it only bans for 30 minutes.

Credits
I personally believe now that we have more admins and even more eventually being added that this system is no longer needed. For the majority of the day there is at least one admin that can deal with the report of a cheater, and if not, then we can definitely ban them later if there is proof provided. This system was definitely useful at the beginning and had good intentions; however, you can't really trust some people with the power of banning or muting others (shown by the recent vote-banning craze). Voteban and Votemute should altogether be discontinued as the staff team can now adequately handle reports in the community. We just need everyone else to do their part and report cheaters they come across on the servers.

Comment
Credits
In the past, i agreed that more servers needed to implement this feature, but now that i really think about it, i think it would be a foolish idea due to the simple fact that players can abuse this command. For example, in a hypathetical situation lets say a player is talking trash to a fellow user, the user getting trash talked would then vote to kick the other player becuase they are talking trash rather then muting them. So i disagree, and i dont think this should be implemented.

Comment
Credits
In the past, i agreed that more servers needed to implement this feature, but now that i really think about it, i think it would be a foolish idea due to the simple fact that players can abuse this command. For example, in a hypathetical situation lets say a player is talking trash to a fellow user, the user getting trash talked would then vote to kick the other player becuase they are talking trash rather then muting them. So i disagree, and i dont think this should be implemented.

//edit

After re-reading, i agree that the !voteban / !votekick should not be a 24 month penalty, but i do think it should be longer then 30 minutes, possibly a few hours would be more benefical for players and the defendent.

Comment
Credits
Yeah I feel last year. When there weren't as many admins it was more of a necessity, I personally haven't witnessed an injustice or someone banned for no/wrong reason. But I feel what we have seven new admins just this year? That it is not as needed, But I still feel the idea is good maybe just reduce the time to 1 hour?

Which would give them enough time to think about what they did wrong and hopefully come back with a new look and attitude.

But on the other side if it's only one hour some people won't even feel the need to make an appeal even if it was unjust.

Does a !voteban/ !votekick keep a record on the player? If so the unjustified ban will stick to there record.

Comment

ToxicFrank

I'm the bug; Not the feature
OWNER!
Credits
It will keep a ban on the record if we want to keep it around, we can either unban players or delete bans from players. Deleting will destroy any record of them being banned whereas unban will still keep the old ban on reference for future reference.

Comment

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom