5v5 Competitive Server

Who has read this thread (Total: 0) View details

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Credits
I've always loved 5v5 community servers that simulated matchmaking. There are already 1v1, retake, and dm servers, so why not add another aspect to the DMFrenzy servers? This would add another incentive for players to remain active on the servers and would definitely bring in more players to the community.

ToxicFrank

I'm the bug; Not the feature
OWNER!
Credits
This has been discussed many times, there are some problems with it. One of the main problems is that you would need 10 people and if you only have 8 or 9 you could end up waiting awhile for someone to join so you can begin. Also, the plugins require someone to have the knowledge to know how to start the match and configure the options. It is not super simple. It also ties up a whole server for 30+ minutes while a game is in progress, it means not many people can enjoy it for awhile. They are just not super practical servers to be quite honest.

My Source: I own a 5v5 competitive server and have owned it for 2+ years.

Comment
Credits
This has been discussed many times, there are some problems with it. One of the main problems is that you would need 10 people and if you only have 8 or 9 you could end up waiting awhile for someone to join so you can begin. Also, the plugins require someone to have the knowledge to know how to start the match and configure the options. It is not super simple. It also ties up a whole server for 30+ minutes while a game is in progress, it means not many people can enjoy it for awhile. They are just not super practical servers to be quite honest.

My Source: I own a 5v5 competitive server and have owned it for 2+ years.

I agree with everything you said, except the plugin not being simple. I can only speak from the one I have used on my 10 man server, but all you had to do was type !setup and the rest is self explanatory. But you bring up very valid points. Paying monthly for a niche server is not really logical.

Comment

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom