An Interesting Development, Farewell Commands?

Who has read this thread (Total: 0) View details

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Credits
Greetings All. I am posting this thread in response to this complaint: https://dmfrenzy.com/threads/admin-trolling.881/ I'm late, I know. I think I've been spending a little TOO much time in Valhalla. I digress, anyway, apparently there a few number of people who do not enjoy the commands I use on the servers. Such commands include Slapping, which propels a player in any number of direction, Drugging, which tilts and turns your screen in different directions with a funny color effect, lasting until death of a player or the end of a round, and Gravity, which can lower or higher the gravity of all players, lasting for however many rounds are left in the map. Now, I love these commands, and people on a day to day basis love them aswell. Always telling me "Void, slap me!" or "Drug me Void!" or "Turn on low gravity Void!". Of Course, I'll only do it when I feel necessary, and if the majority of people want it, note, "Majority", excluding slapping, which is just a little something I do when the round is over, Something my good friend, Snafu, taught me, and has been doing it for as long as I known him. I don't slap people after EVERY round of course, that'd get slightly less fun. The interesting thing about gravity is that it goes to a vote, so the majority of players have to vote for it anyway. Drugs is the command I don't activate unless someone ask for it, I have only activated it on my own terms just a couple times. Unfortunately, while everyone else is having a good time with the commands, and we're all laughing are asses off, there are, from time to time, party poopers who don't enjoy the commands. I can understand if they are "Try Harding" but why should 8 people stop having fun, when 1 person doesn't enjoy it? Right, i'm probably not thinking straight? Hm, All i'm wondering is, Why Are Those Commands There, If I Shouldn't Use Them? Strange, perhaps I cant use them as frequent as I have? Should I dimmer down on these enjoyable commands? How is using these commands labeled as "Abuse" if they are there, and everyone else is enjoying them?.....Well....maybe i'm just not looking at it correctly....Maybe people just want to play retakes, be serious, and have little fun.....Retakes are enjoyable without these commands right? They always have been for me, even when I didn't have access to these commands,..........but with them, Ive had more fun than ever on the servers, and so has everyone else.........hm..............Abuse she said......tch.......Alright. That's the end of my spiel, regardless, I suppose I'll not use these commands, I'll pretend these commands never exist. Thank you all for reading, have a good day, and good night. <3
ps.No Hard Feelings Right AppleML? What's Wrong With My Flankes? ;)

Credits
As an admin, your job isn't to entertain people. Admins focus on helping people and providing support for those needed. I dont see how many of these extra commands will help with banning cheaters or supporting someone who needs help with something. Just because some PEOPLE want low gravity doesn't mean everyone does.

Comment
Credits
As an admin, your job isn't to entertain people. Admins focus on helping people and providing support for those needed. I dont see how many of these extra commands will help with banning cheaters or supporting someone who needs help with something. Just because some PEOPLE want low gravity doesn't mean everyone does.

Although i agree with you, i also highly disagree. I agree that he has to be professional but we all want to have fun. So if the players want to change it up a bit, then it cant be the admins fault if the players want to, aswell as, the players can leave at anytime and hop on any other server. i just had to mention this.

Comment
Credits
@Loyal the thing is not every player wants to have fun all the time. There are people who join to warm up for tournaments or league matches.

So if the players want to change it up a bit, then it cant be the admins fault if the players want to, aswell as, the players can leave at anytime and hop on any other server.

We don't want players leaving our servers because of how an admin is acting. I agree that if someone asks to be slapped/burned then go for it. But if an admin uses these commands on a player without being asked to, that is an abuse of power. That is not how we want to represent DMFrenzy.

I am all for having fun and messing around, but the second it crosses the line of abusing powers then we will start to have players leaving the servers. We do not want that to happen.

Comment
Credits
I do it on special occasions to one person I have seen a lot on the server and that is chill. I very rarely every do it, and I never do it to the whole server. When people are trying to warm up and practice, I let them do that but if the people on the server are just chilling and playing to play, I will sometimes do it to a person I know is fine with it and a person the recognizes me.

Comment
Credits
I think you could make another server like that.. I feel some people would like it.

Comment

SiggaNike

Best Producer for DMFrenzy
SERVER VIP
Credits
If you want to slap/burn, etc, to another player that ASKS for it then be my guest. He asked for it. But when it comes to the server, and multiple people are asking for it, its best to leave it neutral and don't do it at all. Personally I agree with @Kara my job isn't to entertain someone on a 1v1 or a Retake. It's to help and moderate what goes on during the day and night on the servers as well as the forums and discord. I'd just give it a rest for now @V01d as far as the "fun" commands.

Comment
Credits
Much Appreciated constructive criticism guys, just wanted to know what you all thought, hm, suppose I'll have to hang up the title "Funmin/Slapmin" for now, I have banned 3 hackers already, so I think i'm doing well in terms of my duty's, just wanted to have a little fun on the servers while doing them. No hard feelings guys, it's all in good sport...Have a good week.

Comment
Credits
Why dont you create event times then? like a low gravity event for an hour at a time? Or have a community meeting about these kind of things, and yes it is the admin fault for listening to players scream about wanting low gravity.

Comment

ToxicFrank

I'm the bug; Not the feature
OWNER!
Credits
We really don't want "funmins" yes you can be friends with people but you have to take your job seriously, sure if people ask for slap or drugs that is fine but as soon as you abuse it you're on the hot seat. Obviously, not everyone you did it to wanted you to because someone complained. Be smart with your powers and prove we can trust you otherwise we will be forced to remove those powers. We don't want to demote people but we will if someone proves they can't handle it.

Be careful when using ANY admin command, you can abuse any admin command, not just fun commands.

Comment

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom