10-mans, what do you want?

Who has read this thread (Total: 0) View details

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Competitive 10-mans?

• Total voters

Space

ADMIN
Credits
I think that competitive in the 10 mans would be a great idea but only to a certain extent, for the people who want more of the competitive side of cs in our 10 mans we should have events, such as a weekend league where the person with the most points (we could find a way to count up points) over the weekend could get a prize, such as credits on the server or a exclusive role on the discord. This is just an idea that came to mind when thinking about this, I have seen at least one other server do this kind of thing.

Let me know if you agree with the idea but want to tweak some things.

Comment
Credits
This is my general opinion.

First off, i dont mind the idea of two different settings of 10mans, one being the competitive and the other being more casual. I understand the fact that some people cant play on the faceit hub and i would like for anyone to be able to play in the 10man games, my issue with this is that obvi the community is not big enough to split it up into two groups. Having a dedicated server means we always need an admin to be here (to change server password) or else trolls can join the server etc etc, and there is no anti cheat. The only real reason why i like the fact of having two ways of playng 10mans is because for the people who cant play faceit can still play. if those people could play on faceit, i would highly recommend just the hub only because its easier to manage and maintain aswell as having a anti cheat and you dont need a admin for every game.

I see everyone saying how they want a more casual environment in the 10mans over the try hard competitive 10mans. the issue here is that YOU can play a 10man casually and still try to win, just because its "casual" doesn't mean you can purposely throw the games. you can still have fun and still try to win at the same time. some people just dont understand how to do that, which in this case comes a good set of rules.

Prizes (skins) and/or discord Roles and server credits are a good way to keep people from coming back and trying to win games, which the faceit hub is super easy to track wins, points etc. where as for the dedicated server, youll need someone writing it all down every time. This is another point on why the faceit hub is a better way to manage it. If the community grows and becomes popular and we use the dedicated server and prizes etc are involved, this means more cheaters because of no anti cheat. This means demos need to be recorded and admins need to be around once again.

So my point here is that we should not have a dedicated server, save the money you guys spend on it and hold onto it for when the community grows and put it towards prizes etc for the competitive 10mans OR use the money for marketing to grow the community. Continue to use popflash for the casual 10mans and use faceit for the people who wanna play competitive 10mans. I personally think the dedicated server will become a huge headache in the long run and at this point your wasting your money on it.

Faceit Hub
- Free
- Easy to manage and maintain
- Has anti cheat
- Records stats and points + seasons
- Don't need an admin
- Can queue whenever
- Multiple server locations

Dedicated Server
- Paying for server
- No anti cheat
- Does not record stats or points
- Need to change server password every game
- One server location
- No demos

I may have missed some things but let me know what you guys think.

Comment

ToxicFrank

I'm the bug; Not the feature
OWNER!
Credits
As I said, I am fine with whatever the community chooses but I do want to clear up some fallacies in what you wrote.

We can include a kicking plugin, the server is only 10 people so once the 10 people wanting to play are in it's done, no one else can join. If we have a vote kick plugin if someone wrong joins they can be easily removed if they are on;y there to troll. With face it there is a similar problem in that if someone joins the queue that isn't supposed to be there you have to wait for the 9 that do want to queue to be there, start it and wait for them to get kicked for not accepting, however, if they are there and do accept they are then in the match and should not be.

Here are some things about the dedicated server:
  • I am paying for it so no one else can use it as an excuse, it is less than $10.00 a month so it is very minimal.
  • We can add an anti cheat, it may not be up to par with faceit but if someone REALLY wants to cheat, they are going to bypass any anticheat, Faceit, ESEA, Vac, etc... Now cheap, free cheats, sure they will be almost entirely prevented. There is a good anticheat called "Cow Anticheat" that has a pretty good reputation for being a server sided AC.
  • We have a stat tracking plugin and I have already added various stats to it. It is flexible, and we can add any stat we want to it. Some may take more work than others (RWS) but they are entirely possible.
  • If we have the ability to kick trolls out, password doesn't need to be changed.
  • We can add demos very easily, it is just a simple plugin which warmod included and pugmod has as an addon.
There is no denying that faceit is good, and if people want to use a second platform then by all means go for it, but I don't want to run two platforms and end up killing one and all the people tied to that one.

If people are purposefully trolling 10 mans then they can be banned for 2 weeks on first offense if it is brought to an admins attention and proof is provided. Thought the 10 mans are to be fun we still expect rules to be followed.

That includes:

• Toxicity
  • Abandon
  • Grief/Throw
  • Stream snipe
  • Cheating
One of the main points that brings everyone to faceit is competitiveness which is great but I feel like there will still be a problem with lesser skilled players wanting to participate and getting beat down and discouraged because they are not on the same levels as others. If they are not purposely throwing and trying then it is their right to play too.

Comment
Credits
Thanks for replying to my post.

The transparency your giving me is a really good way to know what is planned for the dedicated server. i was told nothing about you guys getting an anti cheat, stats, all that stuff. so i def have no disagreements on what you can do and cant do.

If you guys can implement basically everything you said, i don't think having the dedicated server would be a bad thing, as long as its all there and stable. I could easily be wrong and it would be something that goes super well. Im willing to give it a try and try to make it work.

My main focus would be to play in the competitive 10mans over the casual ones but it doesn't hurt to see how the casual 10mans go or even play one here and there.

Comment
Credits
I just didn't see the possible downside to having a more competitive 10man atmosphere on top of the existing more casual one. One of the arguments against it was splitting the community 10man group which already is quite small, but you wouldn't be locked to playing in a certain one. It would be something to do for someone like me who plays in a 10man where my whole team is trolling, and then I have the option to try to join again and avoid those people... or stop playing with people who still are "friends".

The biggest thing to me is I think if it isn't going to hurt DMF, why not use this as a way to further expand the community. I know for sure people from the DMF team as well as Malevolent have contacts that would come play more competitive style 10mans, but never would play the existing structure. Skill level is kind of irrelevant here, it's just people willing to adhere to a stricter ruleset with possible timeouts/cooldowns if they are broken. If someone wants to play a more casual game with their friends and not be super tryharding? Go join a more casual 10man and have some fun.

I think in the CURRENT situation, the idea of competitive 10mans launching using Faceit immediately will not work... there isn't enough people. But in a month or so of accumulating more people I don't see why we couldn't have 10mans going every night, if not multiple. It just depends if that potential "growth" in that direction is something that matters to you. I'm sure almost automatically more people we bring in will play on more of the DMF servers (dm, retake, 1v1 etc) and it will be further helping the DMF competitive teams grow and develop as players... which ultimately I'm assuming is the goal of having a competitive roster playing in ESEA.

Comment

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom