Competitive server?

Who has read this thread (Total: 0) View details

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Credits
A cool idea I think would be a nice addition to the dmfrenzy servers is competitive servers. It would be either a 5v5 or 6v6 scrim match. So instead of retakes, we can also play a full match of, at the most, 30 rounds. Just a thought :Dj

ToxicFrank

I'm the bug; Not the feature
OWNER!
Credits
So I am going to reply just from my experience and as someone who currently owns 5v5 servers. I don't think it's the best idea for untitled. The thing about 5v5 servers is that they are full VERY rarely because you can't really start until you have a solid 10 people and even worse, you can't make money on them. You don't want to run ads as what happens when you are in a clutch moment and some loud ad comes on, you rage quit and the server dies. They are fun but not really something you would want to host. We would be more than happy to let people use ours if they really want one but the thing about it is you almost always need a ring leader to gather up 10 people to play.

Comment

Untitled

OWNER!
Credits
I do prefer to stay away from servers that will remain empty. Nothing worse then paying for something that doesn't get used!

If people will use it then that's different. I like to see my servers ALWAYS active at peak time. If not, it's a fail. Maybe my standards are too high now?

What about a regular server? Maybe I could run comp settings on a normal server? I miss playing just regular csgo, since I don't do comps, I don't really play "normal" csgo.

Comment
Credits
To be honest there is always people on retakes. They would probably like to play other than retakes with the plugins. I used to play on a server that had plugins, was a 5v5 and had no community and was still 10+ people on at a time.

Comment

ToxicFrank

I'm the bug; Not the feature
OWNER!
Credits
Problems with 10 man servers. When they are full no-one new will get in till the match is over that's like 40 minutes. They are toxic to be honest and they have no way of making money. There are plenty of free alternatives to 10 man servers.

Comment

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom