Give x-ray to spectators.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

TakeN

TakeN
SERVER VIP
Credits
Honestly, I don't know why this isn't implemented in the servers yet. Giving x-ray to spectators makes it significantly easier to catch cheaters and people don't have to toggle on in order to get evidence that will eventually be discarded because of the fact they toggled on in order to get evidence against a guy that is cheating. It's a simple, easy addition that will make admins lives so much easier.

Brownie

Average Benadryl Abuser
SERVER VIP
Credits
No. It's better if higher ranks have that ability. Giving it to VIP's or reg players will just be a disadvantage.

Comment

kennyl

not a bug; a feature
OWNER!
Credits
This is a debate we've had forever and have always come to the conclusion that we are better off not having it on the servers.

Comment

TakeN

TakeN
SERVER VIP
Credits
This is a debate we've had forever and have always come to the conclusion that we are better off not having it on the servers.
What's the logical conclusion for having it off for admins?

Comment

celery

SR ADMIN
Credits
Honestly, I don't know why this isn't implemented in the servers yet. Giving x-ray to spectators makes it significantly easier to catch cheaters and people don't have to toggle on in order to get evidence that will eventually be discarded because of the fact they toggled on in order to get evidence against a guy that is cheating. It's a simple, easy addition that will make admins lives so much easier.
Hmm yes toggleing on to catch a cheater is still cheating don't do that

Comment

Brownie

Average Benadryl Abuser
SERVER VIP
Credits
I mean... Not everybody can record.

Comment

TakeN

TakeN
SERVER VIP
Credits
I mean I don't understand what's the problem with putting it in? I think most people will agree that it's more beneficial than it is harmful.

Edit: I was rereading suggestions and I see what you guys are talking about. I support the idea of giving it to admins only.

Comment

ToxicFrank

I'm the bug; Not the feature
OWNER!
Credits
So the reason we have kept it off this long is that if you are given the ability to know where everyone is (x-ray) you may think someone is cheating just because they get a lucky couple of angles right where quite frankly, the retakes and 1v1 are both pretty easy to have logical guesses where someone is. It's like watching a pro game with x-ray on, you may be inclined to think that there are several pros that are cheating because they refuse to peek an awp angle when they shouldn't know there is an awp or they put their mouse directly on someone through a wall, I am not saying all pros are 100% legit but x-ray tends to make people jump to an irrationally fast conclusion which isn't always right. I don't want to see admins starting to ban people because 1 round they had their crosshair on someone quad through a wall.... That sort of evidence just wouldn't be substantial enough evidence. It's a catch 22, but at the same time, you have a "god" minimap so you can still tell where players are.

Comment

ToxicFrank

I'm the bug; Not the feature
OWNER!
Credits
Also, to prevent ghosting I can promise if we did add it then it would be admin+, we would not want to risk friends ghosting for one another. Yes there is the minimap but it hasn't been much of an issue yet (has happened) but with x-ray it is bound to be a much bigger problem.

Comment

Brownie

Average Benadryl Abuser
SERVER VIP
Credits
You just blew TakeN's mind.

Comment

senTenZ

SERVER VIP
Credits
I propose a happy medium of recording demos as evidence for cheaters and using r_drawothermodels 2 when you watch the demo after the fact. It usually ends up giving you a more fair view on the player even if it does take extra work.

Comment

kennyl

not a bug; a feature
OWNER!
Credits
I propose a happy medium of recording demos as evidence for cheaters and using r_drawothermodels 2 when you watch the demo after the fact. It usually ends up giving you a more fair view on the player even if it does take extra work.

We've been talking about figuring out a way to do that for a little while. We have to figure out if they will cause issues with the server either when recording or when it's offloaded elsewhere. We've also got to create a way to make it easy for people to get access to demos without us having to go and get them every time.

Comment

senTenZ

SERVER VIP
Credits
We've been talking about figuring out a way to do that for a little while. We have to figure out if they will cause issues with the server either when recording or when it's offloaded elsewhere. We've also got to create a way to make it easy for people to get access to demos without us having to go and get them every time.
A GOTV Relay may be a good option

Comment

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom