Looking for ideas following the downsizing

Who has read this thread (Total: 1) View details

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Credits
As you all know, DMFrenzy will be downsizing from 15 servers to only 4 due to motd being removed in the Panorama update. Since we no longer generate revenue from advertisements, donations will be the sole source of income for the community.

The staff team is turning to you guys now as we're looking for ideas to create more incentives for players to donate.

Some ideas include:
- Discord VIP Area
- Access to !calladmin
- In-game, Discord, and Website VIP tags
- In-game VIp-only items (not for staff)
- Reserved slot

We will be switching to a monthly donation system in order to have future revenue to keep the servers running.

Reply to this thread with your ideas so that we can help ensure the future success of DMFrenzy. Keep in mind nothing is guaranteed at the moment as the staff team will be constantly evaluating ideas.

If you have any questions regarding the downsizing or with donations, feel free to PM a staff member.

Credits
I mean if we donate, maybe a credit boost. Or grenade skins/ tracers.
As someone who plays 1v1 Arena alot, I wouldnt mind a gift for donating, and the shop has alot of stuff so.

Comment
Credits
As small as it is, I suggest a section in the shop dedicated to donators. Inside that donator shop should contain the things the person above me wrote. (Credit boosters and Grenade tracers).

Comment

ToxicFrank

I'm the bug; Not the feature
OWNER!
Credits
Not sure how credit boosters would work as I don't think we can add multipliers but the thing you have to remember is, if we gave out too many credits like maybe 1,000 a month, in a couple months you can literally buy everything in the shop and then not feel the need to donate and without donations DMF servers will be forced to close down. Some other perks I thought of would include, VIP 10 men against staff or other VIP's (scheduled monthly or so) and maybe even giveaways for only VIP's.

Credits are tricky, if we give too much we destroy their value if we give too little no one wants to donate.

One way to look at it is we could raise the prices of everything significantly, that way it makes items harder to get. Make Bhop like 10k since it is what everyone wants and give out credits for donating to make it so people would want to donate. The problem is to make that work we would probably have to reset all store items so people could not benefit from buying it cheap. There are a lot of logistics.

Comment
Credits
Not sure how credit boosters would work as I don't think we can add multipliers but the thing you have to remember is, if we gave out too many credits like maybe 1,000 a month, in a couple months you can literally buy everything in the shop and then not feel the need to donate and without donations DMF servers will be forced to close down. Some other perks I thought of would include, VIP 10 men against staff or other VIP's (scheduled monthly or so) and maybe even giveaways for only VIP's.

Credits are tricky, if we give too much we destroy their value if we give too little no one wants to donate.

One way to look at it is we could raise the prices of everything significantly, that way it makes items harder to get. Make Bhop like 10k since it is what everyone wants and give out credits for donating to make it so people would want to donate. The problem is to make that work we would probably have to reset all store items so people could not benefit from buying it cheap. There are a lot of logistics.

Maybe the multiplier should work only for kills, and the multiplier would be very small like 0.5x credits per kill. That's what I can think of at the moment, though.

Comment

ToxicFrank

I'm the bug; Not the feature
OWNER!
Credits
I just don't know how we would add a multiplier.

Comment
Credits
I really dunno about the multiplier thing to be honest. I'm just trying to find ways on how to balance it if it ever were added (or if it even could be added)

Comment
Credits
I do like the idea of multipliers but I'm sure Untitled isn't too hot about that idea. The way I see it would be each donator gets a small-decent amount of credits and gets 1.5 credits per kill instead of the standard 1 credit. Small perks like that would make donators keep playing to earn credits and possibly continue donating to keep the multiplier. And on the FFA server it could be modified where 1 credit is given every X amount of minutes. Donating would increase this too so it would be 1.5 or 2 credits every X minutes.

Also, I like what @ToxicFrank said about raising the prices of items in the shop and making bhop more expensive around 10k credits. We could wipe the items and start from scratch, giving more value to the items. Moreover, certain items such as tracers and hats/masks could be donator only.

Comment
Credits
Yes, Yes, the vip perks do sound interesting, however, I propose a plan that will endeavor all players to donate! Mwahahaha, yessss, of course, becoming VIP will allow players to have "grenade tracers" or "1.5x earned credits" But, what if, it also allowed players toooooo......drum roll...............activate, A SPECIAL EVENT ROUND USING CREDITS. HAHAHAHA, YES, OF COURSE, WHAT EVERY PLAYER WANTS IN A RETAKE SERVER, SPECIAL ROUNDS, HAHAHA! Think of it... 2X Credits Rounds, Awp Only Rounds, KNIFE ONLY ROUNDS YES! The VIP Spends a 1000-3000 credits, for only the next round to be awp only or knife only or whatever. You see, my plan is FOOL proof, because VIP's will be drawn to buy MORE AND MORE credits so they can activate MORE AND MORE Events, which means more money for the servers hahahah!!!! Ok. On a Serious note, I do agree with @ToxicFrank and @LibraH plans, they will definitely get more players to donate. Don't take anything I said up there seriously, I was just throwin' it out there cause I didn't have any good input. I'd see a good amount of players liking the idea of event rounds, but I'd also see a good amount of players not liking the idea, so yeah, it's a toss up. Anyways, that's all I have to say, I'll donate in the future, I promise, just gotta settle some debts of my own first. Take Care Friends.

Comment
Credits
I'm thinking...
Custom Tags!
Kool Commands that donators get to use!
!voteban and !votemute rights...

Comment

R31D

Minecraft in 2018 L0L
Credits
Player modules, more play time = more credits (D'S get a credit boost by 5x or 10x) In-game costume tag accessible thru the website, and ingame custom colors (roygbiv) and take away, acces to buy tags and ingame colors, have them only D items.

Comment

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom