Member/Admin Tags?

Who has read this thread (Total: 0) View details

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Untitled

OWNER!
Credits
Hey guys,

I'm not really sure what to do for this. I want people to be able to know who are admins and who are members.

Back in my CS 1.6 days (8+ yrs ago) we use to use in game tags.

So for eg, a member would be, [DMF] Username [M] - The start tag shows what clan you are with, and the end tag shows the rank within the clan.

I've noticed there isn't a lot of this anymore. Would you guys be fine with doing this? If not, what other suggestions do you guys have?

ToxicFrank

I'm the bug; Not the feature
OWNER!
Credits
I assume we are talking in game? We are also talking not about store tags but in game tags?

Also, should there be a member group on the forums with color and glow showing they are members?

Comment

Untitled

OWNER!
Credits
I'm referring to in game... I'll have a staff page listed very soon with everybody on it.

I guess we do have the tags in the store.. the only problem is, if that admin/member doesn't type, nobody will know.

I was just thinking if someone was new and needed help, they would be able to see an admin right away, or a member.

Comment

ToxicFrank

OWNER!
Credits
Yes, I know what you're saying. Call admin would be nice to have working but not a BIG deal, there is something we can do though. I found a plugin we'd have to compile but that is complete that would allow us to force rename players based on steam IDS. We could do something like that and just change all admin/member names to [ADMIN] Frank based on my steamID without me needing to change my name to [ADMIN] Frank

Comment

kennyl

not a bug; a feature
OWNER!
Credits
I thought that source mod by default had the ability to display an [Admin] Tag

Edit: NVM frank reminded me we don't want to overwrite the arena in 1v1

Comment

Untitled

OWNER!
Credits
Frank,

A plugin that would rename a persons name would be ok, but does it rename it to their original name when they leave? Does it only assign it to them while playing? If so, that would be cool. Just something that shows it in the scoreboard. The chat we can do with the admin tags.

Maybe I'm overthinking this? Lol.

Comment

ToxicFrank

OWNER!
Credits
It doesn't physically change their name so they don't need to reset their name when they leave, all it does it change their name on the scoreboard while they are in the server.

Comment
Credits
I do think It's a good idea, it could help new players. I mean why not try it and see?

Comment

Untitled

OWNER!
Credits
Ohhhhhhhhhh that's right Frank, I rememeber trying that plugin... The issue was; it doesn't show anybody's arena # in the scoreboard.

Comment

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom