Suggestions on hiring admins

Who has read this thread (Total: 0) View details

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

TakeN

TakeN
SERVER VIP
Credits
This may be a little bit biased because I'm under the age of 18 but I feel like the age restriction should be lowered to 16 and they still have to complete the forum. I also think (if possible) that people on the server get a prompt to choose if they want to vote for that person who's applying or not since a lot of players don't make an account on the website. However, they need to play on the server for a significant amount of time in order to vote.

kennyl

not a bug; a feature
OWNER!
Credits
I feel like the age restriction should be lowered to 16 and they still have to complete the forum.

We moved it up to 18 because we seemed to have a consistent issue with admins that were under 18. We do make acceptions on a case by case basis but I'm not sure if we will adjust it.

that people on the server get a prompt to choose if they want to vote for that person who's applying or not since a lot of players don't make an account on the website.

This is WAY easier said than done. Not to mention we have so many prompts that people likely just click through that it won't change anything voting wise on a person. We want both the admins and the community that helps us to choose them to be active both on and off the servers.

Comment

TakeN

TakeN
SERVER VIP
Credits
Yeah, I understand the age problem, but can you point out some of the flaws when it comes toward the hours a person has to play in order to vote?

Comment

kennyl

not a bug; a feature
OWNER!
Credits
I think you need to reread the potion I quoted, it has nothing to do with the number of hours specifically. What you are talking about would require a custom plugin for the server that interacts with XenForo and only allows a player to vote once that needs to again be sync with the forums on who's voted and if someone doesn't have an account that has to be accounted for too. It's actually a fairly complicated system to not allow someone to vote more than once and well as letting them vote from the server itself and then yes on top of that you want to do it by hours played. That means we need to link into GameMe or track it ourselves.

All in all, not a simple system.

Comment

ToxicFrank

I'm the bug; Not the feature
OWNER!
Credits
We have plenty of staff under 18 and we still have accepted applications of people under 18. Realistically the age is more because we assume by 18 people have matured, not always the case but if an individual demonstrates that they are the right person for the job then we really don't care. Likewise just because someone is 18 doesn't mean they are mature enough for our team.

Comment

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom