DMF FIVE-M SERVER

Who has read this thread (Total: 1) View details

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Should DMF make a five m server

• Yes

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Dont care

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No idea what that is

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll votes is visible for users with special permission.
Credits
I was curious if it was possible for DMF to acquire a GTA Five-m Server as I know a lot of people enjoy five m.

Credits
Probably should've added this up there but for those who don't know what FiveM is, its a modification for Grand Theft Auto V. enabling you to play multiplayer on customized. dedicated servers, such as roleplay, drifting, racing, deathmatch, etc.

The most popular/one of the most popular is Roleplay, which is what I believe we should add. Many DMF players actually play FiveM, even some of the staff. Hence my reasoning to why we should add a FiveM server.

Comment

ToxicFrank

I'm the bug; Not the feature
OWNER!
Credits
So I have TRIED hosting FiveM servers before and let me just say 1) it is a PITA to get people and 2) it is a bigger PITA to manage....

Comment
Credits
So I have TRIED hosting FiveM servers before and let me just say 1) it is a PITA to get people and 2) it is a bigger PITA to manage....

I understand but I believe we would have a sufficient amount of players due to the popularity not only DMF would bring but also from the users who already play fiveM in DMF.

The managaing aspect, just make @inzane do it I think he’d be happy to

Comment

kennyl

not a bug; a feature
OWNER!
Credits
So I think Untitled has said before that he wants to stick to CS:GO servers and not other games. They are a royal pain to configure and maintain as @ToxicFrank has said and I don't think Inzane would be able to manage it easily (sorry Inzane lol).

Comment
Credits
I bet it wouldn't be easy, but I love the idea to be honest. It's up to Untitled if he wants to try it out, but I'm willing to help set this up.

I see this as an opportunity to expand the community beyond the scope of CS:GO and bring in players from other games.

Will it be hard to do? Sure, but I'm down to try.

Comment

Obey

I'm Not Good. I'm Just Cheating..
SERVER VIP
Credits
I’m down! As I do play fivem quite often haha

Comment

Untitled

OWNER!
Credits
I like the idea, even though I have no clue wtf fivem is ??.. I haven’t played gta since it first came out haha.

If it’s going to cost me more money, I won’t be doing it, sorry.

Making sure that our current servers are funded, is my goal right now. There won’t be no expanding if I gotta start closing current servers due to funds.

I do have a VPS right now with nfoservers.. what does this mean? Anything in their order page, I can host. (Minus the BF series I think) I might concider it since it won’t cost me more, but even then, I’d be 50/50.

Here’s what I can order from: https://www.nfoservers.com/order.php

Now, if a set group of people wished to fund the FiveM EVERY single month, then yes, we could make it happen of course. However, I don’t see that happening anytime lol. It wouldn’t be reliable I don’t think. Plus, I’d rather put that money towards our CURRENT servers TBH.

Last edited:
Comment
Credits
I'd be happy to donate to fund it, but I don't want to be the only one donating to keep it running.

If you can find out how much it'll cost a month to run a good/high-quality FiveM server, I'll look into donating monthly to fund it.

Comment

ToxicFrank

I'm the bug; Not the feature
OWNER!
Credits
Loyal, sadly I don't think enough people would be reliable enough to donate monthly. I priced out some servers that would "work" and if you wanted a guaranteed none laggy server you're talking $50+ a month. Plus you're going to need someone that knows how to 1) set up FIveM and 2) make modifications to plugins because it is REALLY not fun to get plugins to work out of the box. Kenny and I tried a fiveM server and WE couldn't get it running the way we wanted it to so we dropped it. It's just too hard plus you'll have to build a community. Since we are not a fiveM community you may get a couple people who will play it but to get a good amount of players to be on it STEADILY would be pretty hard.

Comment
Credits
I understand, thanks for taking the time to look into it.

If anything does changes, be sure to let me know because ill still gladly donate to fund it.

~Loyal

Comment

Orochimaru

Won't hit meh dream
SERVER VIP
Credits
I'd donate some like $5 a month, maybe more, but rn I wanna get that/fund the 10man addon

Comment

kennyl

not a bug; a feature
OWNER!
Credits
The thing you have to remember about the 10 man addon is that is run by ToxicFrank and myself and we do it for the community. What untitled is saying is right now the servers still aren't paying for themselves and until they can and do on a regular basis he likely won't open other servers for the community. This shit ain't cheap and it doesn't pull from an infinite well of money (let me know if someone finds one...) so help the servers we do have and maybe down the road, we can get others.

Comment
Credits
The thing you have to remember about the 10 man addon is that is run by ToxicFrank and myself and we do it for the community. What untitled is saying is right now the servers still aren't paying for themselves and until they can and do on a regular basis he likely won't open other servers for the community. This poop ain't cheap and it doesn't pull from an infinite well of money (let me know if someone finds one...) so help the servers we do have and maybe down the road, we can get others.

Kenny stays trying to get fucking money LMAO

Comment

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom