Future Servers...

Who has read this thread (Total: 0) View details

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Untitled

OWNER!
Credits
Hey guys... I've really been thinking about the future for DMF.

With me closing a bunch of servers - I need to reconsider what I'm running on every server.

I'm thinking of a max 3-5 servers... with the following mods. I might ditch the Europe server, it just generates a lot of traffic!

1. DM, FFA (WS, Knife) NYC
  2. DM, FFA (WS, Knife) Chicago
  3. Give me ideas for this one! (WS, Knife) NYC
  4. 1v1 Arena (WS, Knife) NYC
  5. Retakes (WS, Knife) NYC
Give me ideas for this one! (WS, Knife) NYC
What are your thoughts? I'm thinking of maybe picking up a VPS so I can run multiple games, I just have to stay within the resources of the VPS. We could host any game, not just csgo. A VPS is set to a location, so if the VPS is in NYC; all of our servers will be too!

With a VPS, we would get all new IPs for every server, so that's something to consider as well. People would have to rebookmark our new IPs.

This would be a cheaper route then the way I'm going as well. Any money that we can save - we need to!

Last edited:

Untitled

OWNER!
Credits
This is just a maybe thing, I'm looking into it, that's all. :D

Comment
Credits
I'm not sure how many people would actually play gun game it would get more use if it was another 1v1 server or a another retake server since they have been getting full recently

Comment

Untitled

OWNER!
Credits
I'm not sure how many people would actually play gun game it would get more use if it was another 1v1 server or a another retake server since they have been getting full recently

You're probably right. It's no where near as fast paced as a dm ffa or 1v1.

What other suggestions do you guys have? I could make a #2 1v1 server, but I prefer different mods!

I'd love a 24/7 scoutzknivez !

Comment
Credits
Personally the server I would like to see another one of is the retake server because it is constantly full during the day and it is often hard to get on with all my friends

Comment

ToxicFrank

I'm the bug; Not the feature
OWNER!
Credits
Hard choices.... Variety is sometimes nice but if you see success in something and feel like you can expand on it why not try? Plus if you get a VPS you can always TRY a second 1v1/retake server or TRY a gun game server and if it doesn't work switching it to something else is pretty easy.

On a side note, setting DNS entries for the IP's would probably help a bunch, not sure if steam will unfavorite if the DNS changes but having people connect to something like "1v1.dmfrenzy.com" is easy and if you ever change the IP they don't have to remember something different.

Comment

Untitled

OWNER!
Credits
I've updated the list on the first post!

I have 1 server that's up for a change. The gungame didn't work as I had planned. I need ideas for what we should do.

I could put retakes on it, but I would prefer something with more people. I can always make another retake server in 15 mins :p

Frank, my plan was to actually do that with the subdomain things lol. I'm unsure really if i can do it with the servers I have now.

I have been looking at a dedicated server though, I'm not going to lie :p

Last edited:
Comment

ToxicFrank

OWNER!
Credits
If you are looking for a server that could have more people than retake and is a fairly popular game mode I would recommend Scouts/Knives like you had mentioned or AWP server. Both can have more than the 11/12 people a retake server can hold and you don't currently have either of them.

Comment

Untitled

OWNER!
Credits
I have a soft spot for scoutzknivez, I'm not going to lie, I use to play that sh!t all the time in 1.6 days, MANY yrs ago.

Anybody else want to try a scoutzknivez with ws and knife?

Last edited:
Comment
Credits
if it's a retake I would love to see a pistol only retake (permanent armor and still spawn with nades) or a Headshot only DM server. \:D/

Comment

Untitled

OWNER!
Credits
That's just a 10 slot server....I want to fill this current 22 slot server 1st. I will do another retakes though, and I'll be lowering the slots to 10 from 12 for our current retakes.

Our current retakes is doing amazing.. 12/12 yet only 9 can play.. :eek::eek:

Comment

ToxicFrank

OWNER!
Credits
That's just a 10 slot server....I want to fill this current 22 slot server 1st. I will do another retakes though, and I'll be lowering the slots to 10 from 12 for our current retakes.

I like everything stated here... I really like lower from 12 to 10 as well as it seems a lot of time people, including myself, join and have to way till map change to play because they are stuck in spec unless 2 or 3 people leave.

Comment

Untitled

OWNER!
Credits
I like everything stated here... I really like lower from 12 to 10 as well as it seems a lot of time people, including myself, join and have to way till map change to play because they are stuck in spec unless 2 or 3 people leave.

Interesting... So by keeping it at 12 and allowing it to to fill up to 12, once the map changes it'll go down to 10 people.

So in theory, if I went with 10 slots, and it was full with 10, it would probably dip down to 7-8 people on a map change, leaving 1-2 spots open for play.. where as the 12 should always have 9 minimum.

Comment

Untitled

OWNER!
Credits
Frank, is there a way to do this that you know of?

The server has 12 slots. Can we have it show as 10 and keep 2 reserved for admins? The server count would increase only once an admin as in.

Comment

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom