Votekick / votemute on retake?

Who has read this thread (Total: 3) View details

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Untitled

OWNER!
Credits
Here's a screenshot I just took. This is about 1 hour worth of calls!

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    515.7 KB · Views: 8
Comment
Credits
Captain Obvious here! lol.

Think of it for a minute here.. I have 19 servers, 5 of which are due to close within 2 weeks. We will have 14 servers then (but the reports have been for the 19!). Even if I dedicate all of our current staff for just 2 servers, people would still complain that there aren't enough admins in!!! Keeping a server clean is impossible. I don't ever expect a server to be hacker free. It wont happen, sadly. All we can do is prevent and pray. Kiddies with scripts/programs will always be around.

Everyone isn't on everyday. We all have lives, busy lives at that.

I'll be perfectly honest when saying this... I ignore pretty much all calls.. When I come on here, I ALWAYS have something to fix, ALWAYS. There's ALWAYS something that can be tweaked or changed. I'm always doing something when Steam is up. Just thinking about the calls, kinda gives me a headache/brain aneurysm.

Truth be told, I fvcking hate the call system we have. I often leave my messages down on my taskbar because it fills up so fast with calls and sh!t.

The whole call system is a fail. With as many servers as we have, I honestly don't know if we can really come up with a system that keeps everyone happy.

The way I look at it.. so long as there's calls coming in every ten minutes, I don't think anybody will be happy. Too many calls, it's so annoying having to go in and join the game to see there's no issue anyways. I started doing the reports via HLSW just so I didn't have to join the server. I found though that 3/4 were false reports. I stopped doing that fast.

Something needs to be done about it... Maybe I'll make a subforum in the report a hacker forum. Maybe I'll have all of the reports go right into that subforum, that way nobody gets the report, nobody gets annoyed... will it really be any different then now?
But what i don't understand is the forum... you are made to record hackers, which is useless. Most of them won't be hacking when it's resolved. It's useless reporting them or even using /call, as most admins ignore the /call.
I have asked three people today on the server if they'd ever like to be admin if they were given the oppurtunity and they responded with a yes.
Most people don't even know how to use the forums, when you try sign up with steam, an annoying message pops up telling you that the site isn't working.

Comment

Untitled

OWNER!
Credits
Sorry, as far as the /voteban/kick/mute goes... Frank is right! It was being abused due to admins getting others to follow along.

Mind you, those trouble admins are gone now. It's all controlled by a %. So X% have to all vote for anything to even happen. I might be down to try this again, for the simple fact that it might help with /calls.

Comment
Credits
Here's a screenshot I just took. This is about 1 hour worth of calls!
And most of them calls wouldn't be there if there was an active staff member on each individual server. Having network-admins just make it harder for them. Maybe have individual server admins would be a lot more effective?

Comment
Credits
Sorry, as far as the /voteban/kick/mute goes... Frank is right! It was being abused due to admins getting others to follow along.

Mind you, those trouble admins are gone now. It's all controlled by a %. So X% have to all vote for anything to even happen. I might be down to try this again, for the simple fact that it might help with /calls.
Yeah, i think it'd be a decent idea. But abusing it shouldn't be tolerated. (As you said).
There are many punishments that would scare users off from abusing it.

Comment

Untitled

OWNER!
Credits
But what i don't understand is the forum... you are made to record hackers, which is useless. Most of them won't be hacking when it's resolved. It's useless reporting them or even using /call, as most admins ignore the /call.
I have asked three people today on the server if they'd ever like to be admin if they were given the oppurtunity and they responded with a yes.
Most people don't even know how to use the forums, when you try sign up with steam, an annoying message pops up telling you that the site isn't working.

It doesn't work like that my friend. The more admins we have, the more people get banned. The more people that get banned, the more appeals we get!!! A simple video fixes that. Video is proof!

Sure, everyone wants to be an admin. Quite frankly, being admin should be FUN. Not babysitting kids every ten minutes :(

Comment

kennyl

not a bug; a feature
OWNER!
Credits
It's not about what access they have.... it's about the fact that we don't just sit responding to calls all day. Most if not all of us have other things we need/want to do. The idea of having an admin active 24/7 on a server is just not going to happen unless every user that joined the server got admin.

Comment

Untitled

OWNER!
Credits
And most of them calls wouldn't be there if there was an active staff member on each individual server. Having network-admins just make it harder for them. Maybe have individual server admins would be a lot more effective?

Dude, like we keep saying, we all have lives. Having one staff member remain as active on 1 server wont work. Of all the admins we have now, there's very few on steam right now.

If i had admins per server, I'd need about 10 per server, and I'm willing to bet that it would still be struggle to get someone to do the reports.

Comment
Credits
It doesn't work like that my friend. The more admins we have, the more people get banned. The more people that get banned, the more appeals we get!!! A simple video fixes that. Video is proof!

Sure, everyone wants to be an admin. Quite frankly, being admin should be FUN. Not babysitting kids every ten minutes :(
Maybe we could try the votekick thing for a week and see where it goes?
It seems that you're the only one who is understanding what I mean. (Well it looks it from my point of view.)

Comment
Credits
Can i just say one thing :/ Only ever admins i've seen on the EU server is Frank and Snafu.
How about the server hires individual players as admins, the high ranked ones and most active.

Comment
Credits
Most admins in there apps have lied repeatedly.
How many hours do you spend on the servers weekly?;
1. 1 - 6 hours.
2. 6 - 12 hours.
3. 12 - 20 hours.
(Just an example, from the top of my head); most staff pick the second or third option, when realistically it's the first option. That's what triggers me.

Comment
Credits
And another thing that annoys the community is; you see all of these admins viewing these posts and yet 1/10 of them actually take players feedback and try to help.

Comment

kennyl

not a bug; a feature
OWNER!
Credits
Zenoss. First I would just like to say the same day Frank was on the server I was as well. Second, at the time of their applications, their choice on the time played could have been true. Life is a bitch and it's constantly changing for people. 1/10? Can you show me where you got that statistic?

Comment

Untitled

OWNER!
Credits
Can i just say one thing :/ Only ever admins i've seen on the EU server is Frank and Snafu.
How about the server hires individual players as admins, the high ranked ones and most active.

That's good! Thanks for letting me know.

As 99% of us are from the States or Canada, I wouldn't expect it to change. It's really hard finding EU admins when I only have 2 EU servers.

I don't care about rank.

Most admins in there apps have lied repeatedly.
How many hours do you spend on the servers weekly?;
1. 1 - 6 hours.
2. 6 - 12 hours.
3. 12 - 20 hours.
(Just an example, from the top of my head); most staff pick the second or third option, when realistically it's the first option. That's what triggers me.

I don't care how often someone plays in the server. Every week varies anyways. I'm not going to pick one admin over another simply because he can give us more time. I'll probably just remove this from the app.

And another thing that annoys the community is; you see all of these admins viewing these posts and yet 1/10 of them actually take players feedback and try to help.

I'm confused with this one? All admins/players can give any input, it's up to them. At the end of the day, it's my call what gets done. Not all admins have an answer as well, which is why I'm here.

Comment
Credits
Zenoss. First I would just like to say the same day Frank was on the server I was as well. Second, at the time of their applications, their choice on the time played could have been true. Life is a bitch and it's constantly changing for people. 1/10? Can you show me where you got that statistic?
It's called a figure of speech. Also, Oh yeah i remember, you sat in spectate and then logged off pretty much just after frank..

Comment

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom